Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways: Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners|
Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession. Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways, members of the general public evaluate the profession if the practitioners adhere strongly to the values that they cherish. Part of the value system enshrined will be the code of ethics that shapes the ethical practice of the practitioners.
The current study is undertaken to explore the factors influencing the professional values of public relations practitioners. Kruckeberg (1998) said that public relations, as a profession or occupation, has its own set of professional values, curricular needs, beliefs, and theories of both humankind and society. Professional values aimed to encourage discipline, excellence, and service ethics in the “new professions”.
Wong (2011) mentioned that professional values play an integral role in maintaining the viability of a profession. This highlights the significance of
professional values to a profession. Explaining core professional values allows
professionals to convey their societal contributions to the public, and conceptualize their work. Grunig (2000) stated that professional values in public relations can be considered the centre of ethical decision-making.
The ethics of public relations include the application of professional and personal values of individuals besides the values of the public and clients or organizations. Nearly all public relations national organizations or associations have their professional code of ethics. Most of these organizations emphasize educating their members about professional standards.
They have the right to blame or expel practitioners who violate their professional ethics, or who have been convicted of a crime in a court of law. Schank & Weis (2001) said that the development of professional values occurs through a series of connected practices, beginning during the years of practice and experience of professional education.
In the workplace, this development is considered an essential part of the professional socialization of practitioners. Practitioners in Malaysia are suggested to have good skills, education or basic knowledge, and experience in the public relations field to have a major role in an organization.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Best assignment writing service is provided by our expert assignment writers at Malaysia assignment help. Our writers are very talented and knowledgeable they can easily write a unique assignment on Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners before the deadline of your university at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- PGBM01: Relying only on accounting figures from Income Statement and Balance Sheet do not present the complete performance: Financial Management and Control Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- BAMS1743: A hotel asked its customers to rate their stay as Good, Average or Poor. The following contingency table: Quantitative Methods Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- CL101: Mr. M aged 65, with colon cancer, had a colectomy surgery. An Assessment finding shows he appears depressed: Criminal Law Course Work, BAC, Malaysia
- BBUI3103 EMPLOYMENT AND INDUSTRIAL LAW – University of Malaysia
- MKT302: A worldwide, consumer-driven movement toward renewable energy solutions has created global market opportunities for entrepreneurial companies: Strategic Global Marketing Case Study, HU, Malaysia
- You have been assigned to conduct an evaluation of the bioenergy opportunity by selecting ONE source of biomass/bioenergy resources: Renewable Energy Systems Engineering Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- CHE471: There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- BUSB237F: Assume that you are Carmen Wang, the financial controller of China Life Insurance Company: Business Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- As Head of Compliance at FirmCorp Sdn Bhd, an organisation regulated in Malaysia: Top 5 Compliance Issues in the Organisation Assignment, Malaysia
- With respect to the money and capital markets, money market securities generally have, while capital market securities are typically expected to have a: Financial Institution Monetary Theory Other, UTN, Malaysia