Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways: Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners|
Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession. Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways, members of the general public evaluate the profession if the practitioners adhere strongly to the values that they cherish. Part of the value system enshrined will be the code of ethics that shapes the ethical practice of the practitioners.
The current study is undertaken to explore the factors influencing the professional values of public relations practitioners. Kruckeberg (1998) said that public relations, as a profession or occupation, has its own set of professional values, curricular needs, beliefs, and theories of both humankind and society. Professional values aimed to encourage discipline, excellence, and service ethics in the “new professions”.
Wong (2011) mentioned that professional values play an integral role in maintaining the viability of a profession. This highlights the significance of
professional values to a profession. Explaining core professional values allows
professionals to convey their societal contributions to the public, and conceptualize their work. Grunig (2000) stated that professional values in public relations can be considered the centre of ethical decision-making.
The ethics of public relations include the application of professional and personal values of individuals besides the values of the public and clients or organizations. Nearly all public relations national organizations or associations have their professional code of ethics. Most of these organizations emphasize educating their members about professional standards.
They have the right to blame or expel practitioners who violate their professional ethics, or who have been convicted of a crime in a court of law. Schank & Weis (2001) said that the development of professional values occurs through a series of connected practices, beginning during the years of practice and experience of professional education.
In the workplace, this development is considered an essential part of the professional socialization of practitioners. Practitioners in Malaysia are suggested to have good skills, education or basic knowledge, and experience in the public relations field to have a major role in an organization.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Best assignment writing service is provided by our expert assignment writers at Malaysia assignment help. Our writers are very talented and knowledgeable they can easily write a unique assignment on Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners before the deadline of your university at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BMBR5103: Leadership styles and performance of academic staff in the education industry in Malaysia: Business Research Methods Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- TWT2231: Your task is to write a report on the design and development of your project: Web Technique and Application Coursework, MMU, Malaysia
- Digital Storytelling Products As Means To Increase Generativity Amongst Malaysian Educators In Middle Or Late Adulthood: Psychology Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- TIS3351: This is an individual assignment STRICTLY NO COPYING from other sources except codes given in this course If detected all parties involved will get 0 marks: Advanced Database Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- What disclosures are made about the ICM instruments that the IFI reported in the financial statement: Bachelor in Islamic Finance Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- BBM207: Describe how the new wage will benefit employees in the urban areas and Discuss the consequences to the economy of Malaysia: Human Resource Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MGF5020: Explanation of4 elements of CSR dimensions with supporting evidence from the annual report: Business ethics in a global environment Report, MUM, Malaysia
- GLUL2023: Mahawangsa Bhd. telah bersetuju untuk membeli tiga lot tanah dari Dato’ Abdullah Kedua dua pihak telah bersetuju untuk melaksanakan: Business Law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- BA31403: Students are required to prepare a report containing a summary of the topic: Issues In International Business Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Your critical thinking on the comparison of the methane and carbon dioxide from landfills in Indonesia: Air Pollution Engineering Report, SU, Malaysia