Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways: Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners|
Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession. Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways, members of the general public evaluate the profession if the practitioners adhere strongly to the values that they cherish. Part of the value system enshrined will be the code of ethics that shapes the ethical practice of the practitioners.
The current study is undertaken to explore the factors influencing the professional values of public relations practitioners. Kruckeberg (1998) said that public relations, as a profession or occupation, has its own set of professional values, curricular needs, beliefs, and theories of both humankind and society. Professional values aimed to encourage discipline, excellence, and service ethics in the “new professions”.
Wong (2011) mentioned that professional values play an integral role in maintaining the viability of a profession. This highlights the significance of
professional values to a profession. Explaining core professional values allows
professionals to convey their societal contributions to the public, and conceptualize their work. Grunig (2000) stated that professional values in public relations can be considered the centre of ethical decision-making.
The ethics of public relations include the application of professional and personal values of individuals besides the values of the public and clients or organizations. Nearly all public relations national organizations or associations have their professional code of ethics. Most of these organizations emphasize educating their members about professional standards.
They have the right to blame or expel practitioners who violate their professional ethics, or who have been convicted of a crime in a court of law. Schank & Weis (2001) said that the development of professional values occurs through a series of connected practices, beginning during the years of practice and experience of professional education.
In the workplace, this development is considered an essential part of the professional socialization of practitioners. Practitioners in Malaysia are suggested to have good skills, education or basic knowledge, and experience in the public relations field to have a major role in an organization.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Best assignment writing service is provided by our expert assignment writers at Malaysia assignment help. Our writers are very talented and knowledgeable they can easily write a unique assignment on Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners before the deadline of your university at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- What disclosures are made about the ICM instruments that the IFI reported in the financial statement: Bachelor in Islamic Finance Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Demonstrates the methods of implementing a research work, primarily delineating the research model, identifying the appropriate research design: Business Research Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- EP322: Figure 1 shows the production of methanol, in which a mixture of carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen (H2) is reacted: Chemical Process Simulation and Design Report, UCSI, Malaysia
- APU Cafeteria Ordering System identify a business domain for a cafeteria. Construct a software solution using an object-oriented programming paradigm to support user registration: Object-oriented development with Java Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- International bond and equity trading significantly affect the international portfolio investment of the organization: International Finance Management Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Calculate the betas for both stocks and Discuss the problems encounters when testing the CAPM empirically: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Discuss the growth strategies in Ansoff s Matrix that can be opted to Influence the growth of the newly developed product: Innovation management and new product development Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world’s population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%: Information System Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- SPE351: Students need to identify one sport matching schedule and briefly explain the match schedule used in that sport: Competitive sport : theory and practice Assignment, UITM, Malaysia