Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways: Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
|University||INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)|
|Subject||Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners|
Professional values have always been considered integral to the profession. Values shape the direction of the profession, and in many ways, members of the general public evaluate the profession if the practitioners adhere strongly to the values that they cherish. Part of the value system enshrined will be the code of ethics that shapes the ethical practice of the practitioners.
The current study is undertaken to explore the factors influencing the professional values of public relations practitioners. Kruckeberg (1998) said that public relations, as a profession or occupation, has its own set of professional values, curricular needs, beliefs, and theories of both humankind and society. Professional values aimed to encourage discipline, excellence, and service ethics in the “new professions”.
Wong (2011) mentioned that professional values play an integral role in maintaining the viability of a profession. This highlights the significance of
professional values to a profession. Explaining core professional values allows
professionals to convey their societal contributions to the public, and to conceptualize their work. Grunig (2000) stated that professional values in public relations can be considered the center of ethical decision-making.
The ethics of public relations include the application of professional and personal values of individuals besides the values of the public and clients or organizations. Nearly all public relations national organizations or associations have their professional code of ethics. Most of these organizations emphasize educating their members about professional standards.
They have the right to blame or expel practitioners who violate their professional ethics, or who have been convicted of a crime in a court of law. Schank & Weis (2001) said that the development of professional values occurs through a series of connected practices, beginning during the years of practice and experience of professional education.
In the workplace, this development is considered an essential part of the professional socialization of practitioners. Practitioners in Malaysia are suggested to have good skills, education or basic knowledge, and experience in the public relations field in order to have a major role in an organization.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Best assignment writing service is provided by our expert assignment writers at Malaysia assignment help. Our writers are very talented and knowledgeable they can easily write a unique assignment on Professional Values, Ethics, and professionalism of Public Relations Practitioners before the deadline of your university at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- What is the Company’s market Penetration Strategy (intensive, selective, etc.) and How do the Channels Being used Reflect that Strategy: Supply Chain Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PL-101: By the 13th Century, a parliament was when kings met up with English barons to raise cash for fighting war: Public Law, Coursework, BAC, Malaysia
- TCC 233/05: Describe attributes and tuples in detail, use examples to elaborate on each of them. What are the similarity and differences between them: Database Management Systems Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Business Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- What are the key problems in maintaining a competitive advantage in embryonic and growing industry environments: Strategic management Course Work, AUTI, Malaysia
- To build knowledge and current development on Management Information System during Covid 19 pandemic: Management Information System Assignment, AIMST, Malaysia
- MKAE1083: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Reinforced Concrete Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- You are required to select only ONE product, service, or process from any of the eight industries stated below: Innovation Management Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- CBGD3103: The purpose of this assignment is to enhance students’ knowledge in graphics design and apply the acquired knowledge: Graphic Design Assignment, OUM, Malaysia