pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
Figure Q1 below shows a pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively. Water velocities for pipe A, pipe B, and pipe D are 1.5 m/s, 2 m/s, and 0.5 m/s respectively. If the cross-sectional area for pipe D is 50% greater than pipe C, solve the diameter (m) for pipe C.
- QUESTION 2
Water is being siphoned from Tank A to Tank B using a 0.05 m diameter flexible hose as shown in Figure Q2 below. The water velocity and diameter at the nozzle exit are 10 m/s and 0.02 m respectively. Using Bernoulli’s equation, solve: i. the pressure at point 2 in Pa and ii. the elevation difference between point 1 and point 3 in m.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- QUESTION 3
A reducing elbow is fitted in between two different pipes to deflect the flow of oil (poi, = 800 kg/m3) as shown in Figure Q3. The pressure of the inlet, Pullet is 400 kPa and the mass flow rate, the rim of oil in the piping system is 50 kg/s. The total mass of the oil and the elbow is 2 kg. Determine i. the pressure at the outlet, P °Wel. ii. the anchoring force, FR required to hold the elbow from moving, and iii. the line of action for FR.
- QUESTION 4
A venturi meter is used to measure the volume of gas flowing through a pipe with an entrance diameter, d, of 0.5 m and the throat diameter, d2 of 0.2 m. Assuming the specific weight of the gas to be constant at 19.62 N/m3 and incompressible, determine the volume flow rate of gas when the pressure difference between the entrance and the throat, x is measured as 0.5 m on a water U-tube manometer as shown in Figure 04.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment writers at malaysiaassignmenthelp.com to finish your Fluid Mechanics Assignment. Our academic writers are 24*7 available to create authentic solutions for Mechanics Assignment. In the future, you will face that kind of language problem then our academic assignment writers try their best at affordable services.
Recent Solved Questions
- Identify a business domain for Condominium Property Management. Construct a software solution using: Property Management System Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- ECO7101E: Discuss the macroeconomic statistics of the country. In your opinion, how did the pandemic of COVID-19: Business Economics Assignment, UOP, Malaysia
- The role of Small and Medium Enterprises (‘SMEs’) in the Malaysian economy is undoubtedly important: Introduction to Business Ethics and Values Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- What is the association between cognitive functioning and food insecurity in the Malaysian older population aged 60 years and above: Association between food insecurity and cognitive function among older adults Research Paper, UOS, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Calculate the betas for both stocks and Discuss the problems encounters when testing the CAPM empirically: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- LAW1014: On 3 May 2014, Azam wrote to Ben offering to sell to Ben his boat for RM2 million: Business law Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BMG311.03: Describe the circumstances in which a contract of service may bebreak by either party of an employment contract: Employment Law and Industrial Relations Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- With an average annual growth rate of 11.2% over the past twelve years, tourism has been integral to the economy: Fundamental of Integrated Marketing Communication Case Study, UUM, Malaysia
- The number of bags lost by a small airline per week is approximately normally distributed with a mean of 427 bags: Statistics in Social Science Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Ms. Sara is a principal at a secondary school in Malaysia who has noticed that her teachers seem stressed and overwhelmed: Management and Leadership in Education Assignment, UPM, Malaysia