pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
Figure Q1 below shows a pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively. Water velocities for pipe A, pipe B, and pipe D are 1.5 m/s, 2 m/s, and 0.5 m/s respectively. If the cross-sectional area for pipe D is 50% greater than pipe C, solve the diameter (m) for pipe C.
- QUESTION 2
Water is being siphoned from Tank A to Tank B using a 0.05 m diameter flexible hose as shown in Figure Q2 below. The water velocity and diameter at the nozzle exit are 10 m/s and 0.02 m respectively. Using Bernoulli’s equation, solve: i. the pressure at point 2 in Pa and ii. the elevation difference between point 1 and point 3 in m.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- QUESTION 3
A reducing elbow is fitted in between two different pipes to deflect the flow of oil (poi, = 800 kg/m3) as shown in Figure Q3. The pressure of the inlet, Pullet is 400 kPa and the mass flow rate, the rim of oil in the piping system is 50 kg/s. The total mass of the oil and the elbow is 2 kg. Determine i. the pressure at the outlet, P °Wel. ii. the anchoring force, FR required to hold the elbow from moving, and iii. the line of action for FR.
- QUESTION 4
A venturi meter is used to measure the volume of gas flowing through a pipe with an entrance diameter, d, of 0.5 m and the throat diameter, d2 of 0.2 m. Assuming the specific weight of the gas to be constant at 19.62 N/m3 and incompressible, determine the volume flow rate of gas when the pressure difference between the entrance and the throat, x is measured as 0.5 m on a water U-tube manometer as shown in Figure 04.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment writers at malaysiaassignmenthelp.com to finish your Fluid Mechanics Assignment. Our academic writers are 24*7 available to create authentic solutions for Mechanics Assignment. In the future, you will face that kind of language problem then our academic assignment writers try their best at affordable services.
Recent Solved Questions
- LIN30105 To diversify possibilities and options with justification and reasonings in order to finalize a proposal: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills Assignment, TC, Malaysia
- MGT3073: In these days of near-instant unicorns and listings that net a fortune for founders, selling an innovative small business: Leadership Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- BM001: Critically review the published work in the area of study which the student is undertaking. In doing so, the learner will: Research Methodology Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- BBAA2013 Identify the resident status of Je Soo for the relevant years of assessment: Taxation 1 Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- The primary objective of this assignment is to access your understanding of the core concepts of entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Perkasa Bhd., a public company listed in the MAIN market of Bursa Malaysia, issued and paid-up capital at the beginning: Financial Accounting and Reporting Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Explain your dataset in detail: source, number and types of attributes: Data Science Coursework, APU, Malaysia
- Relationships Between Supervision and Teachers’ Performance and Attitude in Secondary Schools in Malaysia: Educational Leadership and Management Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- MNE60203: There are various learning theories which attempt to postulate how humans learn: nursing education Assignment, IMUM, Malaysia
- Deven and Sarita’s years have been married for the past 10 years. They have two children, Raju and Shanti: Financial Planning Case Study, APU, Malaysia