pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
Figure Q1 below shows a pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively. Water velocities for pipe A, pipe B, and pipe D are 1.5 m/s, 2 m/s, and 0.5 m/s respectively. If the cross-sectional area for pipe D is 50% greater than pipe C, solve the diameter (m) for pipe C.
- QUESTION 2
Water is being siphoned from Tank A to Tank B using a 0.05 m diameter flexible hose as shown in Figure Q2 below. The water velocity and diameter at the nozzle exit are 10 m/s and 0.02 m respectively. Using Bernoulli’s equation, solve: i. the pressure at point 2 in Pa and ii. the elevation difference between point 1 and point 3 in m.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- QUESTION 3
A reducing elbow is fitted in between two different pipes to deflect the flow of oil (poi, = 800 kg/m3) as shown in Figure Q3. The pressure of the inlet, Pullet is 400 kPa and the mass flow rate, the rim of oil in the piping system is 50 kg/s. The total mass of the oil and the elbow is 2 kg. Determine i. the pressure at the outlet, P °Wel. ii. the anchoring force, FR required to hold the elbow from moving, and iii. the line of action for FR.
- QUESTION 4
A venturi meter is used to measure the volume of gas flowing through a pipe with an entrance diameter, d, of 0.5 m and the throat diameter, d2 of 0.2 m. Assuming the specific weight of the gas to be constant at 19.62 N/m3 and incompressible, determine the volume flow rate of gas when the pressure difference between the entrance and the throat, x is measured as 0.5 m on a water U-tube manometer as shown in Figure 04.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment writers at malaysiaassignmenthelp.com to finish your Fluid Mechanics Assignment. Our academic writers are 24*7 available to create authentic solutions for Mechanics Assignment. In the future, you will face that kind of language problem then our academic assignment writers try their best at affordable services.
Recent Solved Questions
- You have been engaged as a consultant to build a new generation of leaders in a pharmaceutical research organization: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UOI, Malaysia
- KMC3264: The media industry is constantly evolving, and companies often need to be able to adapt to thrive or survive: Managing Media and Business Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- Kim Woo – Choong, Chairman of Daewoo, Korea’s fourth-largest business group, is going against the flow: Organizational Behaviour Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- EIA1005: Let X be a continuous random variable with the following probability density function: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Imagine you are required to conduct a survey concerning the security awareness and competency in relation to Wireless LAN: Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- This is a task where you must demonstrate your understanding of the module by supporting your points of analysis and discussion: Professional Management and Leadership Assignment, SC, Malaysia
- Select a material from your industry that requires analyses using atomic absorption spectroscopy and X-ray spectroscopies: American Society of Anesthesiologists Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- ADS553: Your task is to prepare a proper presentation together with a written report on any newspaper articles discussing various projects: Strategic Management For Public Sector Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- Australia’s economy has plunged into its first recession in nearly thirty years, as it suffers the economic fallout from the coronavirus: Financial Economics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- SKAA 4313: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design Assignment, UTM, Malaysia