Over the years, the courts in Malaysia have laid down various guidelines or tests to distinguish gains arising: INTRODUCTION TO TAXATION Assignment, Malaysia
|Sunway University (SU)
|INTRODUCTION TO TAXATION Assignment
- Over the years, the courts in Malaysia have laid down various guidelines or tests to distinguish gains arising from the disposal of investment and gains from trade or an adventure or concern in the nature of trade. The acid test is the ‘badge of trade’. There are ten badges of trade, and it is the total effect of all relevant factors and circumstances to determine the substance of the transaction.
The tax authorities are known to use the ‘badges of trade’ to argue that a taxpayer did engage in an ‘adventure in the nature of trade’. Thus, any profit will be assessable as business income. On the other hand, the taxpayer relying on the same ‘badges of trade’ argues that he is merely realizing a long-term investment, which is capital in nature. Any gains would be capital receipts. The badge of trade is the same, but the perspective of each party is entirely different. It rests with the learned Superintendent or Commissioner and judges of the court to decide on the issues in dispute.
Explain ANY FIVE (5) badges of trade in Malaysia with relevant case law to be quoted.
- Section 4 of the Act categories various classes of income on which tax is chargeable. Gains or profits from employment and charged under Section 4(b) of the Act Under Section 4(b), the Act further explained Section 13(1) of the Act which categorizes various types of employment income. The tax treatment for each of the above sections varies and this would affect the tax payable of the employee
Discuss in detail the content of Section 13(1)(a) & Section 13(1)(b) of Income Tax Act 1967 for Malaysia tax purpose. Your discussion should include a detailed explanation, relevant diagram, or relevant mind map of both sections.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Empower your academic journey with our adept assignment helper and dedicated Coursework Writing Help tailored for Malaysian students grappling with INTRODUCTION TO TAXATION. Exploring the guidelines and tests set by Malaysian courts distinguishing gains, our expert team delivers comprehensive support.Students can access tailored guidance by paying for expert assistance, ensuring excellence in their INTRODUCTION TO TAXATION Assignment. Elevate your coursework effortlessly with our specialized expertise and support.
Recent Solved Questions
- Business knows that they cannot appeal to all buyers in their markets or at least not to all buyers in the same way: Principle of Marketing Report, UON, Malaysia
- BUS30205: Description of your company and product/service offering Benefits to the Community Information on how your company: Business Enterprise Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Today a 25-year-old male presented to the pharmacy and expressed concern to the pharmacist about the frequency: Pharmacology Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- MPU3192 Tugasan ini adalah untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar membincangkan falsafah dan aplikasinya dalam kehidupan: Falsafah Dan isu semasa, Malaysia
- TSI2241: Compare and contrast between horizontal and vertical integration. The report should contain: System Integration and Architecture Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- BKAN1013: Gurkha Consultancy Sdn Bhd is a company that provides consultation to entrepreneurs: Basic Accounting Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- BMG323 Based on the distribution, compute (by formula) the average and standard deviation: Business analytics, WOU, Malaysia
- BUS706: You are a senior manager in a business unit of a medium-sized enterprise, with functional management and organizational leadership responsibilities: Finance for Managers Assignment, LIBT, Malaysia
- ECW1101: A price ceiling that is below the perfectly competitive equilibrium price creates a deadweight loss because it leads: Introductory Microeconomics Asssignment, MUM, Malaysia
- TCP1201: Your updated version of the COVID-19 vaccination system now consists of 4 separate JavaFX programs: Objected-Oriented Programming and Data Structures Assignment, MMU, Malaysia