New Horizons (ACNH) and how it affects their communicative anxiety when interacting with other players: Animal Crossing Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
This chapter introduces the study of ESL adult learners from Malaysia who plays Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) and how it affects their communicative anxiety when interacting with other players. They are video game players between the ages of 18 to 40 years old.
Hwang & Wu (2010) cited in Osman & Rabu (2020) found that participants from higher education institutions are the most commonly selected in DGBLL-SLA research. The paper commences with a review of past research based on the perspectives of digital games and ESL learning and its influence on digital games on communicative skills researchers. The gap in the study is expounded further and concludes the paper.
Animal Crossing is developed by Nintendo and the creators designed the game of social simulation that has birthed communities to gather on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Discord. These communities comprise global players from all walks of life. It gives a virtual island for players to live in and decorate, with many things to fulfill such as
gathering materials for crafting, catching critters to donate in its in-game museum, and many more.
The game has a few series prior but the study focuses on the newest edition; New Horizons. The players gather in these Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH) communities to do trades for in-game items, sell turnips at the stalk market to make bells, showcase their island designs, and more. This game falls under a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and social simulation game.
Kim (2014) did an ethnographic study of Animal Crossing: Wild World, an earlier version of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which further mentions the immersion of oneself in virtual reality that has interactivity as well as being surrounded by other online players.
The game as Kim (2014) explained, is a life simulation where gamers play out their characters in the game according to real-time. Therefore, players get to feel included in real-time events such as Thanksgiving Day, Christmas festivities, and New Year’s Day, besides having to enjoy the in-game events that include fishing and bug-catching tournaments.
- What are the topics of communication among the ACNH players?
- What are the reasons behind their communicative anxiety?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
For any student looking to write my essay assistance, MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com is the website to trust. Boasting experienced professionals with an emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction, this team of assignment writers is dedicated to delivering remarkable results in a timely fashion.
Recent Solved Questions
- EMCA5103: The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with the practical skills and theoretical for a risk management plan: Project Cost Analysis And Appraisal Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BHMC3004: Refer to Data Assignment 1, and select a proportionate stratified probability sample of 40 cities according to the region: Statistical Analysis for Communication Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- HBET1403: Culture is the knowledge that is socially acquired and It is learned from other people and shared with people in a specific community: Sociolinguistics in Language Teaching Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- Identify one business organization- IJM Corporation Berhad. Use SWOT analysis to identify which leadership: Business Strategy and Leadership Essay, HWU, Malaysia
- OPM549: Elaborate on three (3) project management activities. A stereo company supplies car radios to auto manufacturers and is going to: Operation Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- In October 2020, Smart Co signed an agreement with Clear Inc. to divest the server memory business, including the memory fabrication facility: Accounting Case Study, UM, Malaysia
- To find out what are the expectations of the patient of the Malaysian government hospital: Business Research Methods Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
- OUMH2203: You are employed in a famous entertainment company in Malaysia and You are required to make a presentation about a new service to help with the recovery: English For Workplace Communication Report, OUM, Malaysia
- Beantown Bikes is satisfied with the quotation and agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale: Enterprise Resource Planning Course Work, MMU, Malaysia
- Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization: Strategic management Case study, UMT, Malaysia