MGMT20001: What suggestions do you have for the president on how to coach Jack in developing a personal improvement plan: Organisational Behaviour Case Study Malaysia
|MGMT20001: Organisational Behaviour
The president has called a meeting to get your feedback on Jack, a department manager. Jackiswhat some people call “from the old school” of management. He is gruff, bossy, and oftenshows an “it’s my way or the highway” attitude. Jack is about five years fromretirement. Jack has a high turnover rate in his department. Surveys about him from his department andfromoutside his department.
People have commented on the fact that Jack is “rude” during meetingsand doesn’t let others contribute. There are times when he has belittled people in meetings andin the hallway. He also talks about his staff “critically” or “negatively” to other managers. But Jack also is a brilliantly talented person who adds a vast amount of needed knowledge andexperience to the company. He is extremely dedicated to the company and lets people knowthisby his arrival each day at 6:30 a.m. and his departure at 6:00 p.m.
He has been with the companyfor 32 years and he reports directly to the president. Jack has gone to the HR department andcomplained that the people his supervisors hire are not a good fit for the company. The newemployees don’t listen and they have a poor work ethic. Jack feels that HR should do a better jobscreening people.
1. What suggestions do you have for the president on how to coach Jack in developing a personal improvement plan?
2. Describe how would Jack manage the employees so as to acquire a favourable environment.Identify some management theories that Jack can use in motivating theemployees and the performances. 3. Describe the advantage of applying Organisational Behaviour knowledge management inmanaging employees at work-place?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is one of the best reliable case study writing help providers to college and university students. Our professional case study writers are available 24*7 to craft fresh and original case study solution on management assignment and engineering assignment at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- First-world countries like the USA, the United Kingdom, and other European nations have boasted high rates of recycling: Environmental Health Ethics Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- ECN61104: The limitations of mainstream economics for dealing with corporate finance and pricing valuations: Financial Economics Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- As a consultant, you are being hired and tasked to focus on the development of Mukah district in Sarawak: Business Consultancy Assignment, Malaysia
- ENT3074: Students are required to focus on proposing a business in any sector in Malaysia: Entrepreneurship Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Write an essay discussing ethical values and practices in an organization: COMPARATIVE ETHICS Essay, AeU, Malaysia
- A local Malaysian business set up with a capital requirement of not less than RM50,000 and supported by not less: Innovation Marketing Essay, APU, Malaysia
- Debt financing refers to an organization that borrows money. Usually borrowing it from an outside source: Principles of Finance Course Work, UOM, Malaysia
- Each group needs to design its own circuitry to wire the electric radiators to the power supplied to the garage: Circuit Analysis Assignment, CUCST, Malaysia
- Antifreeze, or engine coolant, is a coloured liquid that is mixed with water to help regulate the engine during extreme temperatures: Chemical Engineering Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- ELC501: Social media users are finding themselves more stressed than ever from their time spent on these online platforms: English for Critical Academic Reading Essay, UiTM, Malaysia