MGMT20001: What suggestions do you have for the president on how to coach Jack in developing a personal improvement plan: Organisational Behaviour Case Study Malaysia
|Subject||MGMT20001: Organisational Behaviour|
The president has called a meeting to get your feedback on Jack, a department manager. Jackiswhat some people call “from the old school” of management. He is gruff, bossy, and oftenshows an “it’s my way or the highway” attitude. Jack is about five years fromretirement. Jack has a high turnover rate in his department. Surveys about him from his department andfromoutside his department.
People have commented on the fact that Jack is “rude” during meetingsand doesn’t let others contribute. There are times when he has belittled people in meetings andin the hallway. He also talks about his staff “critically” or “negatively” to other managers. But Jack also is a brilliantly talented person who adds a vast amount of needed knowledge andexperience to the company. He is extremely dedicated to the company and lets people knowthisby his arrival each day at 6:30 a.m. and his departure at 6:00 p.m.
He has been with the companyfor 32 years and he reports directly to the president. Jack has gone to the HR department andcomplained that the people his supervisors hire are not a good fit for the company. The newemployees don’t listen and they have a poor work ethic. Jack feels that HR should do a better jobscreening people.
1. What suggestions do you have for the president on how to coach Jack in developing a personal improvement plan?
2. Describe how would Jack manage the employees so as to acquire a favourable environment.Identify some management theories that Jack can use in motivating theemployees and the performances. 3. Describe the advantage of applying Organisational Behaviour knowledge management inmanaging employees at work-place?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is one of the best reliable case study writing help providers to college and university students. Our professional case study writers are available 24*7 to craft fresh and original case study solution on management assignment and engineering assignment at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Based on the segmentation selected in the previous question, which group of customers do you intend to target: Principle of Marketing Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- ASM657: Explain how the idea will help to improve the quality of life and psychological well-being. how does the innovation deliver: Innovative Thinking Strategy Case Study, UiTM, Malaysia
- MGT 507: The covid-19 crisis impacted the world continuously including individuals, society, economics, and business: Research Methodology Research Paper, LUC, Malaysia
- BFW3121: The table below depict the expected return CCC Berhad and XXX Berhad for April and May:: Investments and portfolio management Coursework, MUM, Malaysia
- LAW 309: Danny was a boiler man who worked for the Palm Oil Research Institute (PORI) (fictitious), an agency under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Plantation: ADMINISTRATIVE LAW Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- BTBE2063: An evaluation of the current state of the main/major industry or industries in which the company operates: Accounting and Financial Management Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- The IT department is significant in maintaining communications networks for small and large businesses: MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- Given the number of formality rules which affect land law transactions, then the questions of whether formality is useful or useless: Land Law Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- BUS7AQ: Detail how you would set about managing change in a small traditionally based SME family business in food manufacturing: Creative Change Assignment, WGU, Malaysia
- ECE2131: Electrical Circuits lab is to expose the students to electrical circuits and give them the experimental skills of lab experiments: Electrical circuits Assignment, MUM, Malaysia