Investigate the relationship between different leadership styles, specifically transformational and transactional: Organizational Behaviour and Leadership Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
|Subject||Organizational Behaviour and Leadership Assignment|
The Relationship between Leadership Style and Organizational Commitment: A Survey in a Malaysian Contact Centre
This paper aims to investigate the relationship between different leadership styles, specifically transformational and transactional and the three components of organizational commitment, namely affective, continuance, and normative in a contact center setting. This topic merits examination because in the 21st century, contact centers stand as a part of the service industry as they potentially eliminate the necessity of face-to-face customer contact.
In line with the rise of contact centers, organizational commitment plays a significant role in ensuring firm success and securing customer satisfaction, while leadership critically determine organizational commitment. A cross-sectional survey was conducted among 300 employees in a contact center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sample for this study consisted of full-time front liners working in various helpdesks of the center. The development of the questionnaire was based on a literature review and the questions for the instrument were obtained from B.M Bass and Avolio (1997) and Allen and Meyer (1997). All items were measured using a 5-point Likert-scale. Descriptive and inferential statistical analysis was performed, which showed that there were statistical correlation between organizational commitment and leadership styles.
The analysis was done using SPSS version 20.0. This research supported the positive effects of transformational leadership style on two components of organizational commitment namely affective and normative, in context of service industry. The findings add to the body of literature on the study of contact centers by examining the relationship between leadership style and organizational commitment. One practical implication that could be gained from this study is that managers need to develop effective strategies that would benefit the organization by reducing employee turnover while increasing customer retention.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you a student at UiTM in Malaysia facing the challenges of your Organizational Behaviour and Leadership Assignment? We've got you covered with the top assignment writing help for students. Our expertise extends to individual assignments, and we specialize in offering Case Study Help in Malaysia. Pay for our services and unlock your potential for academic excellence in the field of organizational behavior and leadership.
Recent Solved Questions
- An alisisperanan nstitusi agama seperti masjid, tokong, gudhwaraataugerejauntukmengatasikonflik agama di Malaysia: Hubungan Etnik Assignment, UTN, Malaysia
- ADS553: Your task is to prepare a proper presentation together with a written report on any newspaper articles discussing various projects: Strategic Management For Public Sector Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- How economic forces help Grab to determine areas that are ripe for new startups and areas that startups should avoid: Creativity and Innovation Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- BBPS4103: Conduct an internal analysis for Apollo Food Holdings Berhad and an external analysis for the industry related to the company: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Penelope, aged 65, has suffered from schizophrenia for most of her adult life. Penelope’s son took her to see a doctor: Medical Law Report UCISS, Malaysia
- BNRS 6222: The nursing profession plays an integral role in all aspects of emergencies, including pandemic disease: Epidemiology Essay, LUC, Malaysia
- Explain in your own words, the role that an Advocate & Solicitor has in the resolution of a dispute: Ethics Essay, UTHM, Malaysia
- JFP463E: Conduct interviews with 5 investors/respondents to explore and understand their investment behavior: Finance Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- SBSF1103: A team of five persons is responsible for negotiating the prices of cables that suppliers provide to your company: Thinking Skill Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia