In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom: Public Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, expressed that the Conservatives would “scrap, reform or replace” the Human Rights Act 1998 unless the government is able to achieve an understanding to enable foreign criminals to be deported to their countries of origin.
Shortly after the High Court’s ruling that the nine Afghans who claimed asylum after hijacking a plane had the right to remain in Britain, The Tory leader asserted that it was wrong to allow “the human rights of dangerous criminals to fly in the face of common sense”.
“Being able to balance the danger they pose to the UK if they stay, with the danger to them if they are returned to their country of origin, is no longer possible,” Cameron added, further emphasizing the compounding effect of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR/Convention) – adopted into British law via HRA 1998 – which had significantly contributed to the quandary above. Fast forward 15 years, and today, the HRA 1998 continues to remain a longstanding icon of provocation, fear, and anxiety for many Conservatives.
That does not exclude the current Secretary of Justice, Dominic Raab, who claims it has led to a series of successful cases in court, which might be unjustifiable, illogical, or unconscionable. One of the most pronounced vexes of the 1998 Act is that it prevents the deportation of foreign criminals based on the enshrined right to family life, in line with Article 8 of the Convention. Outline the importance of the HRA 1998 to the British constitution, and whether reform proposals, such as a British Bill of Rights (BBR), are necessary to be implemented.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Finding the right assignment help can be a hassle, particularly in Malaysia when you might not know who to trust. But Malaysia Assignment Help is here to end your search and make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Our team of professionals can provide tailored assistance for report writing that fits all of your specific requirements. With Malaysia Assignment Help, don't worry about being stuck - see what we can do for you today!
Recent Solved Questions
- GLUL2023: Mahawangsa Bhd. telah bersetuju untuk membeli tiga lot tanah dari Dato’ Abdullah Kedua dua pihak telah bersetuju untuk melaksanakan: Business Law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Based on the article given titled “Analysis of Iphone’s Marketing Strategy”, you are to evaluate/ analyze/ discuss: Global Marketing Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Curricula are defined at various levels, the state and classroom levels being the most well-known: Curriculum Development Dissertation, UKM, Malaysia
- Sedap Fried Chicken Bhd is a new and rapid growing fast-food company in Malaysia: HR Management Report, OUM, Malaysia
- In June 2020, the European Union adopted the ‘consumer protection’ directive. The Directive provides that consumers: European Union Law Course Work, UOL, Malaysia
- MKM Resources Berhad requires RM500,000 to support the working capital requirements for the next 9 months: Financial Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- You are required to design an integrated pedagogical approach for five-year-old children: Early Childhood Education Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- PSY3150: Do men and women experience romantic jealousy differently? Address this in relation to relevant theories and empirical evidence: Psychology-Role of Violent Mass Media Assignment, DC, Malaysia
- Seiring dengan era globalisasi sekarang, profesion perguruan memainkan peranan yang penting dalam: Counseling Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- At its founding in 1906, Planters Peanut Company sold one nut type. Historically, peanuts were viewed as food: Marketing Analysis Case Study, TU, Malaysia