In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom: Public Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
In response to the judicial outcome of the Afghan Hijackers case, then-future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, expressed that the Conservatives would “scrap, reform or replace” the Human Rights Act 1998 unless the government is able to achieve an understanding to enable foreign criminals to be deported to their countries of origin.
Shortly after the High Court’s ruling that the nine Afghans who claimed asylum after hijacking a plane had the right to remain in Britain, The Tory leader asserted that it was wrong to allow “the human rights of dangerous criminals to fly in the face of common sense”.
“Being able to balance the danger they pose to the UK if they stay, with the danger to them if they are returned to their country of origin, is no longer possible,” Cameron added, further emphasizing the compounding effect of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR/Convention) – adopted into British law via HRA 1998 – which had significantly contributed to the quandary above. Fast forward 15 years, and today, the HRA 1998 continues to remain a longstanding icon of provocation, fear, and anxiety for many Conservatives.
That does not exclude the current Secretary of Justice, Dominic Raab, who claims it has led to a series of successful cases in court, which might be unjustifiable, illogical, or unconscionable. One of the most pronounced vexes of the 1998 Act is that it prevents the deportation of foreign criminals based on the enshrined right to family life, in line with Article 8 of the Convention. Outline the importance of the HRA 1998 to the British constitution, and whether reform proposals, such as a British Bill of Rights (BBR), are necessary to be implemented.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Finding the right assignment help can be a hassle, particularly in Malaysia when you might not know who to trust. But Malaysia Assignment Help is here to end your search and make sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Our team of professionals can provide tailored assistance for report writing that fits all of your specific requirements. With Malaysia Assignment Help, don't worry about being stuck - see what we can do for you today!
Recent Solved Questions
- Explain any FOUR (4) specific attributes that must be shown by an appropriate expert who is involved in tacit knowledge capture: Knowledge Management Essay, UTM, Malaysia
- CBCA2103: The purpose of this assignment is to assess learners’ understanding of CPU organization, instructions format, and addressing mode: COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Draw supply and demand diagrams to illustrate sequential changes in the domestic market for Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore: Economics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BLC201: Intermodals are the use of two or more carriers of different modes in the thorough movement of a shipment: Introduction To Logistics And Supply Chain Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- What are the weaknesses of the Sharing and data retrieval in cloud computing?: Cloud Computing Security Thesis Proposal, Malaysia
- I’VE DEVOTED MOST OF MY life to working for the poorest people, particularly the poorest women, trying to remove: Business Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- It should be read in conjunction with the material available on CANVAS: Accounting and Business Finance Dissertation, HWU, Malaysia
- EER3534: Assuming you are an estate agent/negotiator in Klang Valley and Your firm has been appointed as an exclusive agency firm to do marketing: CPD WORKSHOP Assignment, ICI, Malaysia
- MGT555: Calculate the frequency distribution of customer demographics such as age, gender, race, education, and occupation: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University is a well-known private university located in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. Currently, the university: C Programming Assignment, APU, Malaysia