Globally the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 percent in 1990 to 10 percent in 2015: Economics Report, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Globally, the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 per cent in 1990 to 10 per cent in 2015. But the pace of change is decelerating and the COVID-19 crisis risks reversing decades of progress in the fight against poverty. New research published by the UNU World Institute for Development Economics Research warns that the economic fallout from the global pandemic could increase global poverty by as much as half a billion people, or 8% of the total human population. This would be the first time that poverty has increased globally in thirty years, since 1990. More than 700 million people, or 10 per cent of the world population, still live in extreme poverty today, struggling to fulfil the most basic needs like health, education, and access to water and sanitation, to name a few. The majority of people living on less than $1.90 a day live in sub-Saharan Africa. Worldwide, the poverty rate in rural areas is 17.2 per cent—more than three times higher than in urban areas. For those who work, having a job does not guarantee a decent living. 8 per cent of employed workers and their families worldwide lived in extreme poverty in 2018. One out of five children lives in extreme poverty. Ensuring social protection for all children and other vulnerable groups is critical to reducing poverty.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Do you need the finest report writing help? but not sure about quality don't worry you are at the right place. Malaysia Assignment Help has a bunch of excellent report writers that provide authentic and reliable reports on economic assignments. We have highly qualified experts who are committed to delivering the best homework help in different subjects.
Recent Solved Questions
- Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives: Faculty of Behavioural Sciences Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- DSC2034: Evaluate without a calculator, using the BODMAS order of operations: MATHEMATICS Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- EER3534: Assuming you are an estate agent/negotiator in Klang Valley and Your firm has been appointed as an exclusive agency firm to do marketing: CPD WORKSHOP Assignment, ICI, Malaysia
- A researcher wishes to test the claim that the mean cost of tuition fees at a four-year private college for one semester is greater: Business Statistics Assignment, UU, Malaysia
- Students are required to look through the given articles in HLMS and choose one of the topics which they are comfortable: Bachelor of Economics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- Walaupun Perlembagaan Persekutuan merupakan undang-undang tertinggi negara, namun ia masih boleh dipinda tertakluk: Malaysian Legal System Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- MKM Resources Berhad requires RM500,000 to support the working capital requirements for the next 9 months: Financial Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Do investors and other market participants use financial and sustainability information for investment decisions: Emerging Issues in Accounting and Finance Report, UM, Malaysia
- A marker pen producing company wants to increase its productivity by automating the injection: Mechatronics System Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- LEI3044: you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, SUC, Malaysia