Globally the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 percent in 1990 to 10 percent in 2015: Economics Report, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Globally, the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 percent in 1990 to 10 percent in 2015. But the pace of change is decelerating and the COVID-19 crisis risks reversing decades of progress in the fight against poverty. New research published by the UNU World Institute for Development Economics Research warns that the economic fallout from the global pandemic could increase global poverty by as much as half a billion people, or 8% of the total human population. This would be the first time that poverty has increased globally in thirty years, since 1990. More than 700 million people, or 10 percent of the world population, still live in extreme poverty today, struggling to fulfill the most basic needs like health, education, and access to water and sanitation, to name a few. The majority of people living on less than $1.90 a day live in sub-Saharan Africa. Worldwide, the poverty rate in rural areas is 17.2 percent—more than three times higher than in urban areas. For those who work, having a job does not guarantee a decent living. In fact, 8 percent of employed workers and their families worldwide lived in extreme poverty in 2018. One out of five children lives in extreme poverty. Ensuring social protection for all children and other vulnerable groups is critical to reduce poverty.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Do you need the finest report writing help? but not sure about quality don't worry you are at the right place. Malaysia Assignment Help has a bunch of excellent report writers that provide an authentic and reliable reports on economic assignments. We have highly qualified experts who are committed to delivering the best homework help in different subjects.
Recent Solved Questions
- Draw 3 marketing channels for the consumer market with appropriate examples In order to plan the strategies for the marketing channel: Macroeconomic Report, PM, Malaysia
- What search strategies did you use to identify key papers that should be read to develop your answer to the essay: Psychology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- F79MA: You are a statistical trainee actuary working for an insurance comparison website and insurance broker: Statistical Model Course Work, HWU, Malaysia
- MC247:Ashley is 17 years old. Her parents are frustrated by her selfish and destructive behavior: Interpersonal Communication Case Study, OUM, Malaysia
- DEE40082: The device has a voice-controlled, Google Assistant smart speaker with a beautiful color segmented LED display: Electrical Engineering Assignment, PM, Malaysia
- OUMH1303: Describe Effective Verbal and Non-Verbal Language in Expressing Formal: English For Oral Communication Assignment, OUM
- What are the key problems in maintaining a competitive advantage in embryonic and growing industry environments: Strategic management Course Work, AUTI, Malaysia
- KKKS6334: Water shortage has become a more pressing issue in Malaysia Here population continues to grow even with a dwindling water supply: Water Engineering Case Study, UKM, Malaysia
- Computational social choice exploits the idea that any mechanism we may use to make collective decisions is ultimately an algorithm: Management Science Report, UON, Malaysia
- BU7411: Analyse critically the differences between contemporary international marketing environments, in particular, the importance of cultural differences and consumer behaviour: International marketing Assignment, UOC, Malaysia