Globally the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 percent in 1990 to 10 percent in 2015: Economics Report, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Globally, the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 per cent in 1990 to 10 per cent in 2015. But the pace of change is decelerating and the COVID-19 crisis risks reversing decades of progress in the fight against poverty. New research published by the UNU World Institute for Development Economics Research warns that the economic fallout from the global pandemic could increase global poverty by as much as half a billion people, or 8% of the total human population. This would be the first time that poverty has increased globally in thirty years, since 1990. More than 700 million people, or 10 per cent of the world population, still live in extreme poverty today, struggling to fulfil the most basic needs like health, education, and access to water and sanitation, to name a few. The majority of people living on less than $1.90 a day live in sub-Saharan Africa. Worldwide, the poverty rate in rural areas is 17.2 per cent—more than three times higher than in urban areas. For those who work, having a job does not guarantee a decent living. 8 per cent of employed workers and their families worldwide lived in extreme poverty in 2018. One out of five children lives in extreme poverty. Ensuring social protection for all children and other vulnerable groups is critical to reducing poverty.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Do you need the finest report writing help? but not sure about quality don't worry you are at the right place. Malaysia Assignment Help has a bunch of excellent report writers that provide authentic and reliable reports on economic assignments. We have highly qualified experts who are committed to delivering the best homework help in different subjects.
Recent Solved Questions
- CXD1203:Consider the following set of requirements for a worldwide package delivery database that is used to keep track of couriers who ship parcels: DATABASES 1 Assignment, SC, Malaysia
- The Malaysian legal system has undergone tremendous development since Malaysia regains its independence in 1957: Malaysia Legal System Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- BER2013: You are required to produce a comparison study for at least 2 data structure/ algorithm by creating Java console application using modern tools: ALGORITHM DESIGN AND ANALYSIS Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- Using suitable gender theories, analyze the different representations of masculinity in the novel Jane Eyre: English Essay, UOM, Malaysia
- BBPS4103: Conduct an internal analysis for Apollo Food Holdings Berhad and an external analysis for the industry related to the company: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Super-resolution methods for enhancing Google Maps satellite images. Google map is a great website for us to get satellite images: Research Methods Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Elyna Deschamps has just left herjob as a website designer for a large systems design company and is about to start up her own website design: PROJECT MANAGEMENT Essay, KUL, Malaysia
- Baba Sdn Bhd manufactures and distributes chemicals at a plant and onsite distribution centre in the northern part of West Malaysia: logistic Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- BHM 3263: You have to investigate the management of the pharmacy that you have chosen, by interviewing and researching: Pharmaceutical Management Essay, AMU, Malaysia
- It is 25 July 2022; you observe two treasury bills? What are the appropriate discount factors for 2 months and 8 months: Finance Assignment, NUN, Malaysia