Evaluate the minimum fresh usage and minimum terminal losses of identified compound by using the mass integration approach: ENERGY OPTIMISATION AND ECONOMICS Report, Malaysia
In a Spun Pile production plant, three (3) boilers with different designs capacity were used for the drying process as shown in Figure 1. Demonstrate how you optimize the boiler load to meet the steam demand of 210 t/h at minimum energy consumption.
The existing boiler operation data is shown in Table 1. Figure 1: Boiler Load Capacity Table 1: Boiler Operation Data BOILER 1 BOILER 2 BOILER 3 Steam Generation (Ton/Hr) Energy Consumption (W/Hr) Steam Generation (Ton/Hr) Energy Consumption (W/Hr) Steam Generation (Ton/Hr) Energy Consumption (W/Hr) 36 3000 54 4122 63 4565 42 3360 63 4667 74 5104 48 3693 72 5143 84 5600 54 4000 81 5704 95 6097 60 4286 90 6165 105 6563
Vinyl acetate monomer ‘‘VAM’’ is manufactured by reacting acetic acid with oxygen and ethylene according to the following chemical reaction: 2 4 2 2 4 C H 0.5 O C H O2 C4H6O2 H2O Consider the process shown in Figure 2. A fresh feed of 10,000 kg/h of acetic acid ‘‘AA’’ along with 200 kg/h of water are evaporated in an acid tower.
The vapour is fed with oxygen and ethylene to the reactor where 7000 kg/h of acetic acid are reacted and 10,000 kg/h of Boiler 1 Capacity 60 t/h Boiler 1 Capacity 90 t/h Boiler 1 Capacity 105 t/h 210 t/h demand VAM are formed. The reactor off-gas is cooled and fed to the first absorber where AA (5100 kg/h) is used as a solvent. Almost all the gases leave from the top of the first absorption column together with 1200 kg/h of AA.
This stream is fed to the second absorption column where water (200 kg/h) is used to scrub acetic acid. The bottom product of the first absorption column is fed to the primary distillation tower where VAM is recovered as a top product (10,000 kg/h) along with 200 kg/h of water and a small amount of AA (100 kg/h) which is not economically justifiable to recover. This stream is sent to final finishing.
The bottom product of the primary tower (6800 kg/h of AA and 2300 kg/h of water) is mixed with the bottom product of the second absorption column (1200 kg/h of AA and 200 kg/h of water). The mixed waste is fed to a neutralization system followed by biotreatment.
In this question, let consider the case when no changes are made to the consumption by chemical reaction and there are no adjustments in design or operating conditions to reduce fresh AA consumption. Evaluate the minimum fresh usage and minimum terminal losses of AA.
Figure 2: VAM Production Process Based on the technical description given, kindly execute the following tasks
Task 1: Evaluate the minimum fresh usage and minimum terminal losses of identified compound by using the mass integration approach. (10 Marks)
Task 2: Evaluate the influence of the fresh usage and terminal losses of indentified compound on the economic perspective (You may use any reliable resources from the Website to estimate the overall production cost) (10 Marks)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for top-quality report-writing help in Malaysia? then you should take help from our experts at Malaysia Assignment Help. we have pool of capable writers who have a year of experience in making perfect quality report on nursing assignments, management assignments, etc. an affordable cost.
Recent Solved Questions
- Catalytic deoxygenation of palm oil and its residue in green diesel production: A current technological review: Inorganic Chemistry Thesis, UTM, malaysia
- Anda dikehendaki menyediakan penulisan akademik yang bertajuk Tahap Pelaksanaan Produk Bercirikan Teknologi Hijau di Malaysia: Kelestarian dan Teknologi Hijau Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- You are a manager in the HR department of an established multinational manufacturing company Perfect Clean Ltd: Strategic Human Resource Management Assignment, IBAS, Malaysia
- TBE 101/03: The Penang State Government announced the new Penang South Islands (PSI) development: Building Materials Report, WOU, Malaysia
- Fact-finding and action-talking duties often polarize an individual and the entire group’s dynamics: Organizational Behavior Home Work, USM, Malaysia
- Describe and explain the main features that distinguish digital screen media from earlier types of screen production: Digital Screens Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- Supply Chain Operational Performance can be defined as activities and processes involving transforming raw materials: Analysis of Agile Organization Course Work, UMP, Malaysia
- The Eastland Plaza Branch of the Indiana University Credit Union was having trouble getting the correct staffing levels: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Write a C function named CalDeposit() that calculates the amount of deposit money that needs to be prepared by the home buyer: Computer Programming Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- As a newly hired Chief Social Media Manager for the head office of an international organisation: BM004-3-1 BCS Business Communication Report, APU, Malaysia