Econometrics is the application of statistical methods to economic data in order to give empirical content to economic relationships: Financial Econometrics Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
|INTERNATIONAL ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA (IIUM)
Econometrics is the application of statistical methods to economic data to give empirical content to economic relationships. More precisely, it is “the quantitative analysis of actual economic phenomena based on the concurrent development of theory and observation, related by appropriate methods of inference”.
Linear regression is a basic and commonly used type of predictive analysis in econometrics. The overall idea of regression is to examine two things: (1) does a set of predictor variables do a good job in predicting an outcome (dependent) variable? (2) Which variables, in particular, are significant predictors of the outcome variable, and in what way do they–indicated by the magnitude and sign of the beta estimates–impact the outcome variable? These regression estimates are used to explain the relationship between one dependent variable and one or more independent variables.
- Explain the Gauss-Markov theorem famously stating that OLS is BLUE.
- Explain different types of data used for financial analysis (provide examples).
- Discuss how regression is different from correlation providing examples for each.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you facing difficulties in writing an assignment? Don't take stress Malaysia assignment help is a renowned name for providing the best assignment help in Malaysia. We have a group of experienced writers for you. Just say Write my essay' and our experts will write your Financial Econometrics essay as per your university demand at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- STA404: A manager at one of the popular Telco companies is currently conducting a survey regarding the service failure at their service counter: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- In a group consist of five (5) students, you are required to select a multinational company (MNC) as the basis of a case study: International Management Case Study, APU, Malaysia
- A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
- What is the role of social media inclusion in elevating brand positioning across the Malaysian market in terms: Industrial Informatics Research Paper, IIUM, Malaysia
- EN0106372 ANALYZING THE IMPACT OF ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND MACROECONOMIC VARIABLES ON MALAYSIA’S ECONOMIC GROWTH: Energy Economics Thesis, Malaysia
- MGT555: Refer to the Cell Phone survey dataset in Excel, it consists of items such as gender, type of cell phone, usage, carrier: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MAT1106: A company makes (window) frames and doors. It makes a profit of $30 on frames and $35 on a door: Business Mathematics Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- IMD315 The subject of this paper is the phenomenon of social media aesthetics: Social media aesthetics Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- BF054E: What Really Measures the Price of oil, Various Metrics, Price of Crude: Derivatives (Finance) Assignment, ISCA
- BUSN 11075: The nature of creativity and this module’s aim implies that each student’s: Business Creativity Essay, LBU, Malaysia