Distributed leadership, or the expansion of leadership roles in schools, beyond those in formal leadership or administrative posts: Educational Leadership Assignment, UON, Malaysia
|University of Nottingham (UON)
Distributed leadership, or the expansion of leadership roles in schools, beyond those in formal leadership or administrative posts, represents one of the most influential ideas to emerge in the field of educational leadership in the past decade (Hallinger and Heck, 2009). The idea of distributed leadership as “leadership shared within and between schools” (Harris, 2008, p. 16) has found favor with researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and educational reformers around the globe (Spillane, 2006; Harris, 2008; Leithwood et al., 2009). Few ideas, it seems, have provoked as much attention, debate, and controversy in the school leadership field, as this particular concept.
Distributed leadership: what we know
Distributed leadership is increasingly been seen as a contributor to organizational growth and success. From a distributed perspective, it is the nature and the effects of leadership practice that matter. Knowing if, how and in what way distributed leadership practice influences organizational outcomes is at the heart of a great deal of contemporary empirical inquiry (Leithwood et al., 2009; Harris, 2009). In England, a recent study of school transformation has shown that distributed leadership is a key component of success and highlights how this was associated with higher performance and gains in achievement. In all the school cases, the principals had deliberately shared leadership responsibilities in order to support innovation and change. This was a very conscious and deliberate strategy by the principals to extend and build leadership capacity within the schools.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
The team of Malaysia Assignment Help provides you with the best assignment writing help for educational leadership assignment. We have a pool of dedicated writers who are well-versed in educational leadership topics and can write my assignment. Our team has an extensive experience working on assignments related to various universities such as University of Nottingham (UON) Malaysia. We can help you with various types of assignments, from final year project help to essay, research paper, and dissertation writing.
Recent Solved Questions
- ABPR1103: A psychologist studied the number of hours a worker sleeps at night and the number of errors made in a given task: Statistics for Psychology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PREPARE FEASIBILITY STUDIES FOR MASSAGE BUSINESS FOR 5 YEARS (2024 – 2029): Account Home Work, Malaysia
- In view of relevant case-law and academic opinion, critically examine to what extent the rise of AI may be a good opportunity: Intellectual Property Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
- Explores how digital technologies optimize supply chain management through the framework: Logistics in Supply Chains Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- SKAA 4313: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- The program must allow the user to create a maze on the screen by modifying code in the appropriate sections: statistic in educations research Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- To find out what are the expectations of the patient of the Malaysian government hospital: Business Research Methods Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
- This study aims to examine the influential factors regarding green purchase behavior among Selangor millennial’s from the perspectives of attitudes towards the environment, Research Paper, Malaysia
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM
- LWM713 In the context of directors’ duties, critically discuss the extent to which full disclosure to the board of directors: Corporate Governance Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia