Distributed leadership, or the expansion of leadership roles in schools, beyond those in formal leadership or administrative posts: Educational Leadership Assignment, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Distributed leadership, or the expansion of leadership roles in schools, beyond those in formal leadership or administrative posts, represents one of the most influential ideas to emerge in the field of educational leadership in the past decade (Hallinger and Heck, 2009). The idea of distributed leadership as “leadership shared within and between schools” (Harris, 2008, p. 16) has found favor with researchers, policymakers, practitioners, and educational reformers around the globe (Spillane, 2006; Harris, 2008; Leithwood et al., 2009). Few ideas, it seems, have provoked as much attention, debate, and controversy in the school leadership field, as this particular concept.
Distributed leadership: what we know
Distributed leadership is increasingly been seen as a contributor to organizational growth and success. From a distributed perspective, it is the nature and the effects of leadership practice that matter. Knowing if, how and in what way distributed leadership practice influences organizational outcomes is at the heart of a great deal of contemporary empirical inquiry (Leithwood et al., 2009; Harris, 2009). In England, a recent study of school transformation has shown that distributed leadership is a key component of success and highlights how this was associated with higher performance and gains in achievement. In all the school cases, the principals had deliberately shared leadership responsibilities in order to support innovation and change. This was a very conscious and deliberate strategy by the principals to extend and build leadership capacity within the schools.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
The team of Malaysia Assignment Help provides you with the best assignment writing help for educational leadership assignment. We have a pool of dedicated writers who are well-versed in educational leadership topics and can write my assignment. Our team has an extensive experience working on assignments related to various universities such as University of Nottingham (UON) Malaysia. We can help you with various types of assignments, from final year project help to essay, research paper, and dissertation writing.
Recent Solved Questions
- HBEC2203: According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, there are eight indicators that show: Early Childhood Education Curriculum Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PSY1034: How small changes in the brain can create a difference in the action of an individual more precisely in the person’s behavior: Biological Psychology Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Explain in your own words, the role that an Advocate & Solicitor has in the resolution of a dispute: Ethics Essay, UTHM, Malaysia
- BA31403: Students are required to prepare a report containing a summary of the topic: Issues In International Business Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- A firm’s short-run total cost function is 𝑇𝐶 = 𝑞 2 − 3𝑞 + 500 The firm is a monopolist and the inverse demand function for its product is 𝑝 = −𝑞 + 105: Introduction to Mathematical Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- KMC2133: Define Learned Behaviors and give a situation example to explain learned behaviors: Media Studies Coursework, MUM, Malaysia
- ABXM1103: The International Labour Organization (ILO) reports that more than 15 million children or nearly one in every 10 children: MAN, SOCIETY AND CULTURE Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- ABC Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd. is a newly established beverage manufacturing company. Its product which is for the domestic market: Environmental Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Anda dikehendaki menyediakan penulisan akademik yang bertajuk Tahap Pelaksanaan Produk Bercirikan Teknologi Hijau di Malaysia: Kelestarian dan Teknologi Hijau Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- TCC238: C program comprises all codes needed for the compilation and execution of a runnable system: Structured Programming Course Work, WOU, Malaysia