CHEN5017: Hydrogen is touted to be one of the most promising energy carriers which can supply the world’s energy demand: Process Plant Engineering Assignment, CU, Malaysia
|University||curtin university (CU)|
|Subject||CHEN5017: Process Plant Engineering|
Hydrogen is touted to be one of the most promising energy carriers which can supply the world’s energy demand. It has vast potential to provide cleaner and more reliable energy which allows the advancement of environmentally sustainable processes (Acar et al., 2019). Hydrogen is also the world’s most abundant element, accounting to an estimated 75% of all matter present (Baykara 2018). However, despite its abundance, hydrogen is rarely present in its pure form due to its tendency to bind with most elements and is thus typically found in compounds such as water, hydrocarbons, hydrides, acids, and other biological compounds (Abdin et al, 2020; Velazquez Abad and Dodds, 2017).
Prior to utilizing hydrogen as an energy carrier, it needs to be produced in pure form. Hydrogen can be produced in many ways; either via thermochemical, electrochemical or biological (Ramprakash et al, 2022). Each process has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the selection of process typically depends on the available material/compound, ease of the process, benefits, opportunities, costs, risks etc.
Thermochemical and electrochemical processes are relatively more established and able to be carried out on a large industrial scale; however, both are energy intensive. On the other hand, despite being less energy
intensive, biological process is yet to achieve the same level as those of thermochemical and electrochemical. Nevertheless, only a thorough investigation that incorporates life cycle assessment, techno-economic analysis, and other studies can help to identify the best process that suits one’s requirement.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
hire the assignment helper Malaysia to complete your CHEN5017: Process Plant Engineering assignment our experts writers have the longest experience to write the perfect quality solution with error-free on engineering assignments at a low price by the deadline. you can also check the engineering assignment sample of AGR569 Biotechnology For Plantation Crops Assignment Sample, MEC294 Thermofluids Lab Assignment Sample, DQS363 Measurement Of Civil Engineering Works Assignment Example, CHE327 Petrochemical Technology Assignment Example.
Recent Solved Questions
- MPU3122: Kenal pasti pengaruh perkembangan Teknologi Maklumat dan Komunikasi yang dibawa oleh video tersebut: Tamadun Islam Dan Tamadun Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BAMS1743: A hotel asked its customers to rate their stay as Good, Average or Poor. The following contingency table: Quantitative Methods Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- PGBM156: Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles that support organizational values and impact organizational direction: Strategic Management in an International Context Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- With the increase of requirement for electric power and decrease of fossil energy, the photovoltaic power plant has a great development: Sustainable Energy & Power Distribution Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- According to a Report from The World Bank, Malaysia Economic Monitor, June 2015: English For Written Communication Essay, OUM
- Explain1 of the risk exposure that you are able to hedge by using a listed derivative with appropriate justification: Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- For each of the following scenarios, use a supply and demand diagram to illustrate the effect of the given shock on the equilibrium price: Microeconomics Assignment, UNMC, Malaysia
- Mrs Spoon is a 48-year-old woman who works part-time as a kindergarten assistant come to physiotherapy clinic with the history of Pain: PHYSIOTHERAPY Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- You are opening a new trendy pizza shop where customers can buy, not only circular pizza, but also square and hexagonal pizzas: Computer Programming, Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Business Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia