CHE61504: Create the dimensionless relationship and design of the airport wind anemometer: Engineering Fluid Mechanics Assignment, TU, Malaysia
|University||Taylor's University (TU)|
|Subject||CHE61504: Engineering Fluid Mechanics|
Task 1: Create the dimensionless relationship and design of the airport wind anemometer
As a design engineer, you need to design a centrifugal pump with your project team member. A centrifugal pump is a mechanical device used to move fluid by means of the transfer of rotational energy of one or more driven rotors which makes the fluid flow. Your team member and you have constructed the centrifugal pump model and carried out an experimental run with the model. The experiment for the centrifugal pump was carried out by using water. The data for pressure drop, ∆P were collected for different angular velocities, ω, and flow rate, Q as shown in Table 1
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
a. It is known that the pressure drops, ∆P is a function of the impeller diameter, D, flow rate, Q, angular velocity, ω, and density, ρ. For all the data, assume the centrifugal impeller diameter used is 0.3 m. Create the dimensionless relation for this problem and plot the data above in this dimensionless manner. Comment on the possible uncertainty of the result.
b. Using the experimental results, your team is going to use these data to design a centrifugal pump prototype with a centrifugal impeller diameter of 0.55 m. Instead of using water, fuel oil (ρ = 0.890 g/cm3) will be used. When the angular velocity is 100 rad/s, your desired pressure drop is 350 kPa, what should be the proper flow rate? Identify the possible limitations of your design?
Task 2: Write a report with references for the application of Fluid Mechanic’s fundamental principles on hydroelectric energy and wind energy to generate electrical energy.
Write a report with references to capture how could the application of Fluid Mechanics fundamental principles related to the hydroelectric energy and wind energy that is used to generate electrical energy. For example, you may use the “Shepherds Flat Wind Farm” as the start of the research. You are required to write a clear and succinct analysis of the topic and show the evidence related to the application of the Fluid Mechanics principle, particularly on the flow of viscous media using the energy balance principle. There is no restriction placed on how to approach the topic analysis. The report should not be exceeded 6 pages.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- We are focusing on removing barriers and creating equality of opportunity in four strategic priority areas: gender; race and ethnicity: Managing Decision Case Study, TU, Malaysia
- ELC501: Human beings harbour a deep need to belong. On a biological level, belonging is survival: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BUSI2167: The Asia and Pacific region has a proven record as a dynamic tourism destination With the right policy measures and strong coordination: Managing and marketing tourism Assignment, UNMC, Malaysia
- Adam Smith was interviewed for the role of Sales Administration Executive for Paradigm Sdn Bhd on 17 December 2018: Managing People Performance and Behavior Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- A bond is expected to mature in 10 years with an RM1,000 face value. Given that the annual coupon payment: FINANCE Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- If employees’ well-being and mental health are not in stable position they are also not able to focus on their tasks: Employee Mental Health Research Paper, MUM, Malaysia
- The changing business world provides challenges for organizations to maintain the current performance of the business: Performance Management Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- Statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia The mean daily milk production of a herd of goats has a normal distribution with a mean of 70kg and a standard deviation of 13kg What is the probability that
- HMEC5123: You are required to carry out an observation to observe the quality of the learning environment for an early childhood setting: Quality of the Educational Environment for Young Children Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MOM705: Explain how Operations Management OM research can complement Entrepreneurship theory – 3 – 4 pages: Operations management Assignment, AEU, Malaysia