Catalytic deoxygenation of palm oil and its residue in green diesel production: A current technological review: Inorganic Chemistry Thesis, UTM, malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)|
Catalytic deoxygenation of palm oil and its residue in green diesel production: A current technological review
Approximately, 80% of global energy consumption originates from fossil fuels (Hancsók et al., 2007) and it is predicted to grow at an average annual rate of 0.9% until the year 2030 (Wibowo et al., 2020; Conti et al., 2016).
Global energy consumption is forecasted to reach 780 × 1015 Btu by 2035. From this value, 280 × 1015 Btu and 500 × 1015 Btu are associated with economic co-operation and development (OECD) or non-OECD countries respectively, both of which exhibit the same upward trend (Arun et al., 2015).
Fossil fuels are widely utilized in all sectors (IEA, 2019) and contribute to economic growth in every country (Capellán-Pérez et al., 2014).
Nevertheless, the massive and uncontrolled use of fossil fuels has caused a reduction in underground reserves, as well as negative environmental impacts (Hughes and Rudolph, 2011; Gregg et al., 2008) causing major increases in greenhouse gas emissions, GHGs (Gurney et al., 2020).
As the largest global energy consuming sector, 40% of worldwide energy consumption is attributed to transportation, in the form of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuels, including, green diesel (Kalnes et al., 2007) and biodiesel (Sheehan et al., 1998; Van Gerpen et al., 2007) with a number of reviews comparing the benefits of the diesel types (Kalnes et al., 2009; Bezergianni and Dimitriadis, 2013).
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking Thesis writing help on? Look no further, Malaysia Assignment Help is the top-notch Online assignment help provider that offers CHM141 Chemistry Assignment Example, CHM412 Organic Chemistry For Technology Assignment sample, CHE244 Introduction To Chemical Reaction Engineering assignment sample, CHM421 Analytical Chemistry Assignment Example etc. at a low price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BMG311.03: Describe the circumstances in which a contract of service may bebreak by either party of an employment contract: Employment Law and Industrial Relations Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate learners’ critical thinking skills in analyzing ethical issues related to nursing practice: Nursing Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- AGMH2423: Program a microcontroller to perform certain tasks using suitable programming languages: Embedded Controller Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- On 2.2.2021, Sahid entered into a hire purchase agreement with Kejora Finance Bhd for the hire purchase of a new Proton Perdana Motor car: COMMERCIAL LAW Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Given the number of formality rules which affect land law transactions, then the questions of whether formality is useful or useless: Land Law Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- UKFF1023/UKFF1093: ESG criteria: What they are, and how do they affect companies: Financial Management Fundamentals Case Study, UTAR, Malaysia
- Focusing on the health behavior of your choice, critically evaluate which social cognition model of behavior: Health Psychology Essay, TU, Malaysia
- LAW434: With reference to decided cases discuss the application of the doctrine of stare decisis in Malaysia: Malaysian Legal System Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- MKT60104: Analyse and discuss the strengths in the line extension strategies of the organization’s service brand product: Principles of Marketing Coursework, TU, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia