BMW In 2018, BMW, whose headquarters are in Munich, was one of the world’s two leading premium automobile companies: Organizational Behavior Case Study, UiTM, Malaysia
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
BMW In 2018, BMW, whose headquarters are in Munich, was one of the world’s two leading premium automobile companies. BMW employed about 135,000 people on the BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce brands. It has 24 production facilities in 13 countries, and sales offices in over 140. Management has chosen to focus on three premium segments of the international car market, with each of its brands being the market leader in its segment.
The BMW corporate Strategy Number one expresses the vision to be the leading provider of premium products and services for individual mobility. It is facing challenges from the introduction of electric cars, the prospect of autonomous technology, and the growth of car-sharing schemes. In 2018, it delivered 2.5 million automobiles to customers, about 1 percent more than in the previous year: this included 361,000 Minis and 4,100 Rolls-Royce motors (the latter being 22 percent more than the previous year). Western Europe is its main market, accounting for about 60 percent of all BMW cars sold.
China is a growing market for these luxury cars, so BMW is investing in manufacturing facilities there: in 2018, it announced a joint venture with Chinese company Great Wall Motors to make electric versions of the Mini. It also increased its stake in a joint venture with Brilliance China Automotive Holdings to build a new plant in northeastern China. The company manufactures motorcycles and has a joint venture with Rolls-Royce to produce aircraft jet engines.
BMW’s business strategy includes providing purchasers with a wide variety of choices about how their car is equipped. The variety of possible combinations is so great that exactly the same car is produced only about once every nine months. The company also emphasizes the quality of the product. This combination of variety and quality is a challenge to achieve in a product as complex as the modern car. It requires both advanced technology in manufacturing, and employees who are highly skilled and flexible.
Recognizing this, the company places great stress on recruiting only the highest-quality workers, with technical and team working skills. The strategy is supported by its approach to HRM which derives from and is highly consistent with, the company’s ‘six inner values’: communication, ethical behavior toward its staff, achievement and remuneration, independence, self-fulfillment, and the pursuit of new goals.
This underlying philosophy guides the design of new BMW plants (an open design that makes all operations easy to see, and so helps communication) and the process of introducing new or reformed HRM practices. The company consults widely about these, sharing information on proposals and trying to ensure that successive changes are consistent with each other and build on established policies.
a) Evaluate the issues concerning the management of people are likely to be raised in a group such as BMW that has rapidly expanded production and distribution facilities?
b) In your opinion what organizational policies would you expect BMW to use to support the company’s ‘six inner values’ listed in the case study? Why?
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Do you need help with assignments Malaysia? We offer the best assignment help service at affordable rates. we understand that students studying in Malaysia face pressure from their professors to turn in quality assignments. Also, our essay writers are highly qualified and professional. Our reputation in Malaysia is very high as we provide quality assignments. Visit us today to know more.
Recent Solved Questions
- The stock market is one of the popular places in Malaysia where retail investors come to make investments: Bachelor of Accounting & Finance Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- Discuss and criticize the incorporation of sustainable development goals (SDGs) into the education system: Government Policy Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- On 2.2.2021, Sahid entered into a hire purchase agreement with Kejora Finance Bhd for the hire purchase of a new Proton Perdana Motor car: COMMERCIAL LAW Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- MPU3313: Use the relevant resources to discuss the therapeutic diet for a diabetic and hypertension person in order to ensure: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- You are a first-year Trainee Solicitor in the Leicester city centre office of Harry Peach LLP You are currently working in the Real Estate Conveyancing team: Real estate Assignment, UTRA, Malaysia
- To create a report and dashboard of sales analytics. Also, using the power bi technique, different customer types, product groups: Management Information Systems Report,AIMST University, Malaysia
- MBOC7074: Demonstrate appropriate competencies in planning and conducting a systematic research study based upon sound aims and objectives: Research project Research paper, IUMW, Malaysia
- First-world countries like the USA, the United Kingdom, and other European nations have boasted high rates of recycling: Environmental Health Ethics Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Recall a challenging episode or problem in their life that can be related to any psychological concepts: Psychology Essay, AUTI, Malaysia
- SC025: Construct a program that performs one-dimensional array operations for problems involving linear search: Computer Science Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia