BM6023: The financial characteristics of companies vary for many reasons The two most prominent drivers are industry economics and firm strategy: Managerial Accounting & Finance Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
|University||Heriot-Watt University (HWU)|
|Subject||BM6023: Managerial Accounting & Finance|
The financial characteristics of companies vary for many reasons. The two most prominent drivers are industry economics and firm strategy. Each industry has a financial norm around which companies within the industry tend to operate.
An airline, for example, would naturally be expected to have a high proportion of fixed assets, while a consulting firm would not. A steel manufacturer would be expected to have a lower gross margin than a pharmaceutical manufacturer because commodities such as steel are subject to strong price competition, while highly differentiated products like patented drugs enjoy much more pricing freedom.
Because of the unique economic features of each industry, average financial statements will vary from one industry to the next. Similarly, companies within industries have different financial characteristics, in part, because of the diverse strategies that can be employed.
Executives choose strategies that will position their company favorably in the competitive jockeying within an industry. Strategies typically entail making important choices in how a product is made, how it is marketed, and how the company is financed. Strategies among companies in the same industry can differ dramatically.
Different strategies can produce striking differences in financial results for firms in the same industry. The following paragraphs describe pairs of participants in a number of different industries. Their strategies and market niches provide clues as to the financial condition and performance that one would expect of them.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia assignment help provides you case study writing help in which our expert writers will assist you and write your Managerial Accounting & Finance Case Study in a 100% flowless & error-less manner before the deadline of your university at a reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CT010-3-1: Assume that the place you are living in has two (2) vaccination centers (VC1 and VC2) and they require a computer program to keep the records of all vaccination done:Python Programming Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- The increase in mobile phone use has transformed the way we live, communicate and do business: English for Workplace communication, OUM, Malaysia
- FTA541: Carefully organize their research process, from identifying a feasible topic, developing an argument, employing a research: Academic Exercise Research Paper, UiTM, Malaysia
- RMGT-2313: You plan to open an Indian restaurant specializing in serving Northern Indian food somewhere in Kuala Lumpur: Production and Operations Management Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- KMC3264: The media industry is constantly evolving, and companies often need to be able to adapt to thrive or survive: Managing Media and Business Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- ENT1100: Dropshipping is a fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock: Entertainment Technology Course Work, NYCCT, Malaysia
- EMCA5103: The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with the practical skills and theoretical for a risk management plan: Project Cost Analysis And Appraisal Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BUSI2167: The Asia and Pacific region has a proven record as a dynamic tourism destination With the right policy measures and strong coordination: Managing and marketing tourism Assignment, UNMC, Malaysia
- BBPW3103: Select any THREE companies listed in the telecommunication and media sector, on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Financial Management 1, OUM, Malaysia
- GLUL2023: Mahawangsa Bhd. telah bersetuju untuk membeli tiga lot tanah dari Dato’ Abdullah Kedua dua pihak telah bersetuju untuk melaksanakan: Business Law Assignment, UUM, Malaysia