Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Data Analytics Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
|University||Heriot-Watt University (HWU)|
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik making as well as business operations. Batik Gerimis invested money and efforts to produce saleable and attractive batik to its customers. Investment in the new batik-making process in terms of machine and manpower was very important to create success in Batik Gerimis. The new process not only shortens the time taken to produce but also reduces overall product unit costs. This enables Batik Gerimis to offer competitive prices to its customers. Most of its customers were from corporate, schools, and individuals all over Malaysia, who sometimes came by bus and in groups. Part of it because, Batik Gerimis was located in a tourist attraction, Pantai Cahaya Bulan. Same as other batik producers, Batik Gerimis was in competition with neighboring countries batik which are Indonesia, China, and Thailand.
Back Gerimis produced batik canting and batik stencil. Batik canting and batik stencil processes were almost the same except that batik canting’s patterns were directly drawn on the fabrics using batik wax that had been boiled for about 10-15 minutes before the canting process. While batik stencil patterns were first drawn on the stencil film, then the pattern was printed on the silkscreen using stencil film. The batik-making process was laborious work or labor-intensive with creativity and imaginative ideas playing a very important role in the process.
Each batik canting (BC) required two square meters of fabric, and each batik stencil (BS) required three square meters of fabric. During the next two months, the following demands for BC and BS must be met on time
During each month the following resources were available: September, 6,000 square metres of fabric; October, 9,000 square metres of fabric. In addition, fabric that was available during September and is not used can be used during October. The cost of the fabric was RM3 per square meter. During each month it costs RM10 to produce a kain pasang (both BC and BS) with regular time labour and RM16 with overtime labour. During each month a total of at most 2,500 kain pasang can be produced with regular labor hours, however, if it’s more than 2,500, overtime labor costs will incur. At the end of each month, a holding cost (cost of ending inventory) of RM5 per kain pasang is incurred.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- Determine how to meet demands for the next two months on time at minimum cost. Assume that 100 BC and 200 BS were already in inventory at the beginning of September. Indicate the number of productions for BC and BS in each month, the number of ending inventory for each BC and BS in each month, and total costs.
- Che Mahadi estimated there will be a shortage in the supplies of fabric during the month of October. Use a one-way SolverTable to investigate the effect of fabric shortage to the lowest of 3,000, then increase the number by 500 to 10,000 square meters. Explain the effect of fabric shortage on Batik Gerimis.
- Use a two-way SolverTable to investigate the effect on the total cost of two simultaneous changes. The first change is to increase overtime cost to RM20 and reduce it to RM10 in increments of RM2. Secondly, change the production capacity (currently 2,500) from 1,500 to 5,000 in increment of 500. Explain the net effect on total cost because of changes in each individual variable. What changes would you recommend for production capacity?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Can someone do my assignment I will pay for it? Sure, Pay to experts of Malaysiaassignmenthelp who are ready 24/7 to assist you they are eligible to write your Data Analytics Assignment in a 100% error-less & grammatically correct manner at a very cheap price. and submitted before the university deadlines
Recent Solved Questions
- KMC3264: The media industry is constantly evolving, and companies often need to be able to adapt to thrive or survive: Managing Media and Business Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- Students will assume the responsibility of a Chief Strategy Officer by selecting an organization from the public domain or choosing: Strategic Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Determinants of customer loyalty in the property industry in Johor Bahru The research objectives: Business Thesis Proposal, MUM, Malaysia
- This assignment gives you an opportunity to learn about Information Technology and investigate a topic that interests you: Information Systems & Technology Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- You are going to operate a convenience store in the city you live selling only imported products from Korea: Strategic Management Home Work, ASB, Malaysia
- You are provided with ONE peer-reviewed article related to PAR as follows Working Towards the Promise of Participatory Action Research: Healthy Aging Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- An SME with 92 full-time employees involved in providing manufactured parts to wholesalers wants to transform to Industrial Revolution: Managing Organization Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- With respect to the money and capital markets, money market securities generally have, while capital market securities are typically expected to have a: Financial Institution Monetary Theory Other, UTN, Malaysia
- In view of relevant case-law and academic opinion, critically examine to what extent the rise of AI may be a good opportunity: Intellectual Property Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
- In this project, you need to develop a system You can build a system related to the domain Information system: Fundamentals Of Algorithm And Computer Assignment, UON, Malaysia