A successful threat management strategy can reduce the risk posed by a person of concern, prevent an insider incident: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, Malaysia
|Subject||MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS|
Surveys indicate that many workers are reluctant to report unethical practices, including stealing in the workplace. Although a law was passed to counter unethical corporate behaviour and protect workers who report unethical activities, many employees still face loss of their jobs or ridicule if they blow the whistle on corporate misconduct(Spherion, 2006)
Further, it has been reported that nearly 25% percent of young workers aged 18 to 24 do not believe that stealing office supplies for personal use is wrong. Many steal employer property, including pens, pencils, paper, self-adhesive notepads, and paper clips without regard to the activity’s illegality.
Employee theft costs American business over $40 billion each year.(Wulfhorst, 2006) Unethical behaviour, dishonesty and theftin the workplace often occur in a gradual incremental process. Theft, in particular stems from a complex set of causes. Foremost among them is simply that an opportunity to steal arises, because chances of getting caught are low.
Additional causes includelow workforce morale, employees’ sense that they are being underpaid and minimal consequences for getting caught stealing(Walsh, 2000)
As seemingly insignificant misconduct and theft go undetected, perpetrators often rationalize larger transgressions. Even high-level executives can become tempted to steal. Consider Dale Frantz, the former chief information officer of Auto Warehousing Company.
Frantz embezzled more than $500,000 from his company during 2007-2009 and was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison. He used a number of strategies to steal the funds, including writing up fraudulent invoices for expense reports and changing legitimate reports to maximize his reimbursements. In addition, he used company funds to buy computer equipment that he resold on the Internet.
Discuss in a group the following questions
A successful threat management strategy can reduce the risk posed by a person of concern, prevent an insider incident, and protect the organization and its people. As a team in security department, you are required to build an insider threat mitigation programfor your company.
- Plan(Prevent insider threat)
- Management responsibility
- Establish goals/objective
- Organize and equipment(physical security)
- Detecting and identifying insider threats
- Threat management team
- Assess insider threats
- Trainand execute
- Suggest ways to execute the plan
- Eg : training for employees
- Evaluation and Improvement
- Audit–once a year
- Compliance–ways to make sure ur staff follow ur plan/procedure?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
At Malaysia assignment help we have highly talented writers who offer online assignment help on MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENT. Our skilled experts always provide authentic and reliable solutions on management assignments at a reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- What are the key problems in maintaining a competitive advantage in embryonic and growing industry environments: Strategic management Course Work, AUTI, Malaysia
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- FTA541: Carefully organize their research process, from identifying a feasible topic, developing an argument, employing a research: Academic Exercise Research Paper, UiTM, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: With the current pandemic situation in Malaysia, homeschooling is gaining MORE popularity among Malaysian parents: English for Written Communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Evaluate the three mutual funds using Sharpe and Treynor measure and Given the risk-free rate is 5%: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- INF20003: Whirlwind Courier Services As an employee of a large international courier and shipping service, Mike Morten met: Requirements Analysis and Modelling Case Study, SUT, Malaysia
- Malaysia is a developing country. Rapid development, deforestation, destruction of mountains, and many other activities: Environmental Impact Assignment, UU, Malaysia
- Identify and list the research objectives and Who is the target audience of the research: Bachelor of Communication with Honours Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MKW2460: Your group is to assume that you are the Marketing Communication Manager (IMC Manager), and you are to develop a new product: Integrated marketing communication Report, MUM, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: You are in a senior management position in a leading international funds management firm: Investment and Portfolio Management Case Study, WOU, Malaysia