A solution containing methoxide ions, CH30* ions, in methanol can be prepared by adding sodium hydride to methanol: Organic Chemistry Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
- a) A solution containing methoxide ions, CH30* ions, in methanol can be prepared by adding sodium hydride to methanol. Flammable gas is the other product. Write the acid-base reaction that takes place.
b) Write the nucleophilic substitution that takes place when Chii is added the resulting solution is heated.
- Write the following as net ionic equations and designate the nucleophile, substrate, and leaving the group in each case.
- Heating optically active -3-Bromo-3-methyl hexane with aqueous acetone results in the formation of 3-methyl-3-hexanol as a mixture of 50 % and 50 %. Write the (stereochemistry) mechanism of the SN 1 reaction.
- Treating tert-butyl chloride with 80 % aqueous ethanol at 25 °C gives substitution products in 83 % yield and elimination products in 17 % yield. Write the mechanism for the El reaction.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Organic chemistry is the study of the structure, function, and reactivity of organic molecules. It is a key component of many modern chemical reactions. Do you want someone to do your assignment, but you don't know where to start? then don't worry at MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com! We have the perfect assignment helpers for you to help you to write great Organic Chemistry assignment solutions in a short time.
Recent Solved Questions
- I’m in my final year, and my chosen fyp is a cyber security online consulting website: Cyber Security Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- BBUI3103 EMPLOYMENT AND INDUSTRIAL LAW – University of Malaysia
- PSY1044: Explain the physical, cognitive, and socioemotional changes that occur throughout childhood: Lifespan Development Report, SU, Malaysia
- ITX Computer Sdn Bhd is a computer company specializing in supplying computer components to the Asia market: Principles of Programming Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- Explain1 of the risk exposure that you are able to hedge by using a listed derivative with appropriate justification: Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- MGT510: Swipe 50 limited manufactures a specialized screen protector for laptop computers: Managerial Accounting Course Work, EIU, Malaysia
- TSE3173: Within the time allocated, your groups are required to design the following site elements and integrate them into a functional website: Web Application Coursework, KPTM, Malaysia
- After completion of the assignment, your need to check for plagiarism percentage using: Research Methodology, Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- HMEC5123: You are required to carry out an observation to observe the quality of the learning environment for an early childhood setting: Quality of the Educational Environment for Young Children Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- If this continues for some period, it will give serious threat to the environmental issue: Bio Statisitcs, Coursework, UPM, Malaysia