A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
|University||universiti malaysia perlis|
A soil sample for the new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory tests.
The soil sample has a wet mass of 5.1 kg, bulk density of 1.63 g/cm3, dry density of 1220 kg/m3 and degree of saturation of 78%. From the information given
- Draw the 3-phase diagram of the unsaturated soil sample by deriving the equations of weight-volume relationships for each of the soil phases (Assumed Vs = 1)
- Determine the density of solids.
- Describe the main difference between the dry density and density of solids and give a typical range of values for both.
- Explain why high plasticity soil can hold so much water compared to coarse-grained soil.
Complex Problem-solving question sections (field application)
Soil excavated from a borrow pit at another site is being used to construct an embankment (Fig. below). The soil sample from the borrow pit has a specific gravity of 2.7 and unit weight of 17.8 km−3. The weight of the sample was 3.5 N. The sample was then placed in an oven for 24 h at 105°C and its weight was reduced to a constant value of 2.9 N. The soil at the embankment is required to be compacted to a void ratio of 0.71. If the finished volume of the embankment (Ve) is 80,000 m3, what would be the volume of the soil (Vb) excavated at the borrow area? (Assume the volume of solids (Vs) is equal to 1)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
You are not able to do your Soil Mechanics Assignment. Don't worry MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com has engineering assignment helpers in Malaysia that provide you with very high quality assignment assistance for reputed Malaysian technical universities. They are doing your work as per your guidelines at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Mr. Arif received his monthly bank statement for the month ended 31 March 2022 on 15 April 2022: Accounting Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- D30IC: Originally proposed in 2010 by the Malay real estate developer PNB. With the initial foundation and groundworks commencing: Innovation In Construction Practice Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- On 9th November 2022, a newly established Spanish company called ‘’The Lovely Liquor Company’’ was transporting 500 bottles: European Union Law Coursework, UOW, Malaysia
- Economics is the study of how society manages its scarce resources. Discuss the problem of scarcity in Malaysia: Economics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Many organizations face challenges to motivate and foster commitment among their employees due: Master of Industrial and Organizational Psychology Dissertation, UMS, Malaysia
- FIN4274: A brief description of what initial public offerings (IPOs) are, the process involved, and the main reasons behind a company: Advance Financial Decision Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Identify and list the research objectives and Who is the target audience of the research: Bachelor of Communication with Honours Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Aggressive competition among competitors in one industry may lead to a lose-lose situation which in the long run jeopardizes: Global Business Strategy Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- The library is the best place to look for information for many people. Every library in Malaysia must have its own services: Fundamental of Library Administration Assignment, UCISS, Malaysia
- A literature review is an account of what has been published on a topic by accredited scholars and researchers: Research Methodology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia