A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
|University||universiti malaysia perlis|
A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test.
The soil sample has a wet mass of 5.1 kg, bulk density of 1.63 g/cm3 , dry density of 1220 kg/m3 and degree of saturation of 78%. From the information given
- Draw the 3-phase diagram of the unsaturated soil sample by deriving the equations of weight-volume relationships for each of the soil phase (Assumed Vs = 1)
- Determine the density of solids.
- Describe the main difference between the dry density and density of solids and give a typical range of values for both.
- Explain why high plasticity soil can hold so much water compared to the coarse-grained soil.
Complex Problem-solving question sections (field application)
Soil excavated from a borrow pit at another site is being used to construct an embankment (Fig. below). The soil sample from the borrow pit has a specific gravity of 2.7 and unit weight of 17.8 kNm−3. The weight of the sample was 3.5 N. The sample was then placed in an oven for 24 h at 105°C and its weight reduced to a constant value of 2.9 N. The soil at the embankment is required to be compacted to a void ratio of 0.71. If the finished volume of the embankment (Ve) is 80,000 m3 , what would be the volume of the soil (Vb) excavated at the borrow area? (Assume volume of solids (Vs) is equal to 1)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
You are not able to do your Soil Mechanics Assignment. Don't worry MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com have engineering assignment helpers in Malaysia that provide you very high quality assignment assistance for reputed Malaysian technical universities. They are doing your work as per your guidelines at nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- A firm’s short-run total cost function is 𝑇𝐶 = 𝑞 2 − 3𝑞 + 500 The firm is a monopolist and the inverse demand function for its product is 𝑝 = −𝑞 + 105: Introduction to Mathematical Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- CV81: You are to write a rather lengthy email to your juniors in the BSc Psychology degree program: History of Psychology Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM
- SBFS1103: THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING, OUM
- BBFA2203: The balance sheet date of BumBum Berhad is 31 December 2020 and the meeting of the Board of Directors is 25 March 2021: Intermediate Financial Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BKAL1013: The Group Project offers the students the opportunity to work in teams and develop their knowledge, problem-solving skills: Business Accounting Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- The stock market is one of the popular places in Malaysia where retail investors come to make investments: Bachelor of Accounting & Finance Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: The Disadvantages of Social Media have Long been the Topic of Debate: English For Written Communication Assignment, OUM
- BBPB2103 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT assignment – OUM
- PL-101: By the 13th Century, a parliament was when kings met up with English barons to raise cash for fighting war: Public Law, Coursework, BAC, Malaysia