A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
|University||universiti malaysia perlis|
A soil sample for the new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory tests.
The soil sample has a wet mass of 5.1 kg, bulk density of 1.63 g/cm3, dry density of 1220 kg/m3 and degree of saturation of 78%. From the information given
- Draw the 3-phase diagram of the unsaturated soil sample by deriving the equations of weight-volume relationships for each of the soil phases (Assumed Vs = 1)
- Determine the density of solids.
- Describe the main difference between the dry density and density of solids and give a typical range of values for both.
- Explain why high plasticity soil can hold so much water compared to coarse-grained soil.
Complex Problem-solving question sections (field application)
Soil excavated from a borrow pit at another site is being used to construct an embankment (Fig. below). The soil sample from the borrow pit has a specific gravity of 2.7 and unit weight of 17.8 km−3. The weight of the sample was 3.5 N. The sample was then placed in an oven for 24 h at 105°C and its weight was reduced to a constant value of 2.9 N. The soil at the embankment is required to be compacted to a void ratio of 0.71. If the finished volume of the embankment (Ve) is 80,000 m3, what would be the volume of the soil (Vb) excavated at the borrow area? (Assume the volume of solids (Vs) is equal to 1)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
You are not able to do your Soil Mechanics Assignment. Don't worry MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com has engineering assignment helpers in Malaysia that provide you with very high quality assignment assistance for reputed Malaysian technical universities. They are doing your work as per your guidelines at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CBC3013N: Explain the roles and responsibilities of management. Explain management principles and the tasks of managers: Principles of Management Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- Classify firms according to the 4 different roles they might play leader, challenger, follower, and niche: Marketing Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- MLP781 Anna is the associate director of a nonprofit agency that provides assistance to children and families: Managing Leadership Performance Assignment: ASB, Malaysia
- MBM3793: Based on your understanding, by using your own words, define the information products. Do information products consider educational alternatives: Information Marketing Assignment, UoTS, Malaysia
- The senior management team has asked you to brief them on the implications of international marketing for organizations: International Marketing Report, IBAS, Malaysia
- BBF2134: Identify recent issues related to financial systems, financial services and products: Financial Markets and Institutions Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- BFW2341: Explore the international financial environment and the importance of foreign exchange risk management: International Financial Management Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- DSC2034: Evaluate without a calculator, using the BODMAS order of operations: MATHEMATICS Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
- students will be evaluated on their ability to analyze, interpret, justify, create ideas, propose viable and ethical solutions, and apply the best alternatives: Management & Financial Accounting Case study, MUM, Malaysia
- Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia