A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
|University||universiti malaysia perlis|
A soil sample for the new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory tests.
The soil sample has a wet mass of 5.1 kg, bulk density of 1.63 g/cm3, dry density of 1220 kg/m3 and degree of saturation of 78%. From the information given
- Draw the 3-phase diagram of the unsaturated soil sample by deriving the equations of weight-volume relationships for each of the soil phases (Assumed Vs = 1)
- Determine the density of solids.
- Describe the main difference between the dry density and density of solids and give a typical range of values for both.
- Explain why high plasticity soil can hold so much water compared to coarse-grained soil.
Complex Problem-solving question sections (field application)
Soil excavated from a borrow pit at another site is being used to construct an embankment (Fig. below). The soil sample from the borrow pit has a specific gravity of 2.7 and unit weight of 17.8 km−3. The weight of the sample was 3.5 N. The sample was then placed in an oven for 24 h at 105°C and its weight was reduced to a constant value of 2.9 N. The soil at the embankment is required to be compacted to a void ratio of 0.71. If the finished volume of the embankment (Ve) is 80,000 m3, what would be the volume of the soil (Vb) excavated at the borrow area? (Assume the volume of solids (Vs) is equal to 1)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
You are not able to do your Soil Mechanics Assignment. Don't worry MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com has engineering assignment helpers in Malaysia that provide you with very high quality assignment assistance for reputed Malaysian technical universities. They are doing your work as per your guidelines at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Determine the minimum fresh water and minimum wastewater targets for the above system using water cascade analysis: Advanced process integration Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- Students will assume the responsibility of a Chief Strategy Officer by selecting an organization from the public domain or choosing: Strategic Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- ACC4304: The Martin Mars is a sole proprietorship owned by Mr. Martin which has been in operation for a year: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- You are provided with ONE peer-reviewed article related to PAR as follows Working Towards the Promise of Participatory Action Research: Healthy Aging Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- LAW523: Lisbon was charged with murder under section 302 of the Penal Code for killing 16 years old student identified as Paris: Finance Law Essay, CSU, Malaysia
- I’m in my final year, and my chosen fyp is a cyber security online consulting website: Cyber Security Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- LAW034: You are the renowned constitutional law expert in the country and have a column in a local daily: Introduction to Legal Theories Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MPU3343: Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological theory introduces five main constructs that influence child development: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Thinking skills and problem solving – University Of Malaysia- You are a single parent with three young children. Your spouse has just passed away recently due to a motor-road accident
- In view of relevant case-law and academic opinion, critically examine to what extent the rise of AI may be a good opportunity: Intellectual Property Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia