You have been assigned to conduct an evaluation of the bioenergy opportunity by selecting ONE source of biomass/bioenergy resources: Renewable Energy Systems Engineering Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
|University||Heriot-Watt University (HWU)|
|Subject||Renewable Energy Systems Engineering|
TASK 1: SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM
i. Prepare an excel spreadsheet to perform the TOPSIS method
ii. Calculate the number of components needed for the proposed design
iii. Compute the total price, power generation, and number of PV panels for each design
iv. Prepare a report detailing the calculation of TOPSIS to find the optimal design You are required to determine an optimal design of an off-grid system by your client. During the design stage, your client imposes 4 possible designs.
Design 1: Solar panel LR4-72HPH 430W + Solar charge controller Victron energy MPPT150/70 + Victron energy Phoenix inverter 48/5000
ii. Design 2: Solar panel LR4-72HPH 450W + Solar charge controller Victron energy MPPT150/70 + Victron energy Phoenix inverter 48/5000
iii. Design 3: Solar panel LR4-72HPH 430W + Sunny Island Charger 48V+ Sunny Island SI5048 48V inverter
iv. Design 4: Solar panel LR4-72HPH 450W + Sunny Island Charger 48V+ Sunny Island SI5048 48V inverter TASK 2: BIOENERGY RESOURCE AND SYSTEM
The economics of biomass power generation is critically dependent upon the availability of a secure, long-term supply of an appropriate biomass feedstock at competitive costs, and economic merit.
The current limitations in harnessing bioenergy could be overcome by analyzing the resource potential of biomass in Malaysia before any development and scale-up activities begin. This is important to ensure the effectiveness of the biomass to bioenergy utilization as well as the sustainability of the bioenergy itself. four types of renewable energy.
The trend somehow shows the decline of biomass power generation in 2018. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in Biogas generation. Malaysia’s bioenergy opportunities can be assessed along with a set of resources to assist in this process.
The first step in identifying bioenergy opportunities in a given area is to examine feedstock availability/resource potential – their quantity, location, and costs. This is followed by assessing the potential markets and competition for that feedstock.
This step includes technology evaluation, high-level cost estimates, assessment of socio-economic and environmental impacts, as well as a review of existing/proposed policies and import/export opportunities.
Task: You have been assigned to evaluate the bioenergy opportunity by selecting ONE source of biomass/bioenergy resources. You have to complete the two main parts namely Resource Potential Analysis and Market Analysis.
Part 1: Resource Potential Analysis The development and scale-up of any bioenergy project begins with an analysis of the resource potential. There are three types of biomass resource potential: theoretical, technical, and economic.
i. Theoretical: Illustrates the ultimate resource potential based on calculations of all existing biomass, with no constraints on access or cost-effectiveness.
ii. Technical: Limits the theoretical resource potential by accounting for terrain limitations, land use and environmental considerations, collection inefficiencies, and several other technical and social constraints. This type of potential is also called accessible biomass resource potential.
iii. Economic: Economic parameters are applied to the technical resource potential, which results in a subset of the technical potential along with an estimate of the cost of biomass resources either at the field or forest edge. The outcome of this type of assessment is a supply curve (RM/tonne).
Using any (one) of Biomass Resource Assessment Tools and Studies, perform the Resource Potential Analysis for biomass of your interest. (You can use this link as one of the references Bioenergy Assessment Toolkit (nrel.gov). Keep your evaluation as brief as possible. You can estimate with some justifications, in case there is no data made available for your selected biomass/bioenergy resources.
Part 2: Market Analysis Analyzing the existing and potential markets for biomass resources and barriers are critical when planning a bioenergy program. A thorough understanding of the market size, growth, regional segmentation, and trends relies on many different inputs such as:
i) State of technology and the country’s experience with each technology
ii) Production cost estimated
iii) Socio-economic and environmental impacts of biomass production
iv) Policy framework in support of the biomass industry
v) Trade opportunities. Evaluate the four components (i) to (iv) of your selected biomass/bioenergy sources.
TASK 3: CRITICAL EVALUATION AND REFLECTION
Based on the study conducted in Tasks 1 and 2, you are required to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of using solar energy and bioenergy system with the following energy sources.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you seeking to do my assignment on Renewable Energy Systems Engineering? Malaysia Assignment Help has proficient writers who have years of experience to write the perfect quality solution for engineering assignments at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- HBET2303 The aim of this assignment is to train teachers to provide students with proper feedback on their writing practices: WRITING IN ESL Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Multinational corporations are increasing major risks multinational corporations face opportunities but pose: Issues In Global Business Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- The visitor’s walk is along a straight line parallel to the wall. The viewer is looking both at the wall and forward: Computer Graphic Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- Trade policy uncertainty in major economies increased to a historically high level in 2019 and has hardly been resolved: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Real-Time system is subjected to the system response time should be assured within a given time frame, or the system should fulfill: Real Time System Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- China has emerged as a major player in international affairs in the last few decades with global interests and the ability: International Relations Dissertation, UITM, Malaysia
- AC4012: Identify any TWO stakeholders of the company who have decision-making power, and provide an example of a decision: Introduction to Financial Accounting Assignment, SC, Malaysia
- 5611TECYPC This is an individual assignment focusing on designing the operational activities of a business within a specific business sector: Operations and Technology Management Report, Malaysia
- The explanation of location, the community involved, the year and month the issue happened, and the causes: Understanding Ethics and Civilization Report, USM, Malaysia
- Jawab semua soalan. Jawab setiap satu soalan tidak kurang daripada 200-250 patah serkataan sahaja: PENGHAYATAN ETIKA DAN PERADABAN Assignment, UOTS, Malaysia