SOPA1035: Cikgu Aminah teaches a preschool class in SK Tanah Abang, Mersing. She hails from the west coast of peninsular Malaysia: Social Policy and Social Pedagogies Case Study, UOG, Malaysia
|University||University of Greenwich (UOG)|
|Subject||SOPA1035: Social Policy and Social Pedagogies|
Cikgu Aminah teaches a preschool class in SK Tanah Abang, Mersing. She hails from the west coast of peninsular Malaysia. The school is approximately 100km from the small town of Mersing in the South-east of peninsular Malaysia. She has been teaching in this school for 3 years. Her students are 100% orang Asli and stay in the orang Asli villages around. The government has helped set up these villages equipped with water and electricity supply as well as roads.
Though some of the parents work on the plantation, many still depend on the jungle for their livelihood, a lifestyle passed down from generation, which they find difficult to give up. The parents are mainly illiterate. However, more of them realize the importance of education for their kids now compared to 10 years ago.
Cikgu Aminah looks forward to seeing her students every day, they are an enthusiastic lot and take great delight in things in nature. Cikgu Aminah’s class attendance is good, most of her students come to school daily, but the other classes in this school are not so lucky, many do not come to school regularly, and some children would follow their parents to the jungle for 2-3 months in search of rattan and food.
Generally, orang Asli does not like formal kind of teaching and learning, the preschool curriculum attracts them due to the thematic approach and non-formal atmosphere where students have more freedom to move about in the classroom. In order to attract them to school the Ministry of Education has formulated an adjusted curriculum and modules for the lower primary orang Asli school.
The curriculum taps into the methodology used in preschools where modules are used and parents are invited to school to participate. Food is provided during these activities and food such as flour and bread is distributed to these children and parents after the activities. This is important as ‘one day without work’ means ‘one day without a food supply. With the implementation of these modules, more orang Asli children are attending schools regularly.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
If you are willing to pay someone to do assignment, we recommend Malaysia Assignment Help. We have a large group of native assignment writers who are able to provide the best service for a low cost. So, you can be sure that you will get the best assignment help that is possible.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBF315/05: Explain the advantages of options over forwards and futures and As a financial consultant, recommend to your corporate: Risk Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Danial Has been working in Kota Bharu for 5 years and has purchased a house there: COMMERCIAL LAW Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- This is a task where you must demonstrate your understanding of the module by supporting your points of analysis and discussion: Professional Management and Leadership Assignment, SC, Malaysia
- BBEK1103: Principles Of Microeconomics | OUM Assignment Help
- LEA4173: Identify a topic or research area of interest in designing any software that can be used to solve users’ problems: Academic Research Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- EEE5314: Discuss Nutritional Management for patients at risk for refeeding syndromes with left renal cell carcinoma with distance Mets: Electrical Safety Research Paper, UON, Malaysia
- CHE471: The rate of heat loss from a tank to the surrounding by convection and conduction is expressed: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Write an essay on how an aircraft electrical distribution system power up essential aircraft systems: Aircraft Electrical Essay, GFA, Malaysia
- FAR210: Dasz Bhd was incorporated in 2018 with a registered capital of RM100,000,000. The company involves in the trading: Financial Accounting 3 Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia