SBST1303: Consider the average daily temperature of your residential area, and provide the data for 30 consecutive days: Elementary Statistics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||SBST1303: Elementary Statistics|
(a) Consider the average daily temperature of your residential area, and provide the data for 30 consecutive days. Your data must be obtained from a reliable source
(b) Based on the data in (a), you are required to prepare a table (for grouped data) as shown in (b)(ii). Answer the following questions.
(i) Determine the number of classes and the class width (class size).
(ii) Complete the following table based on
(iii) Based on the table in (b)(ii), plot the histogram. You may use EXCEL to generate the histogram.
(iv) Based on the table in (b)(ii), plot the ogive. You may use EXCEL to generate the ogive.
(v) Find the first and third quartiles from the ogive obtained in (b)(iv).
(iv) Determine whether the distribution of the data is right-skewed, symmetric, or left-skewed.
Based on the data you obtained in Question 1(a), answer the following questions by using the formula to correct to one decimal place.
- Arrange the data in ascending order.
- Determine the mean.
- Find the mode
- Find the median.
- Evaluate the variance and state the standard deviation.
- Compute the first and second Pearson’s Coefficient of skewness.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The following survey provides the number of right and left-handed students in a school. Answer the following questions based on the table.
(a) Find the probability that a student is
- right-handed, given that the student is a girl.
- left-handed, given that the student is a boy.
- a girl, given that the student is right-handed.
- a boy, given that the student is left-handed.
- a boy, given that the student is a boy.
- a boy or a girl, given that the student is right or left-handed.
(b) From the result obtained in (a), what can you relate Pr(X|Y) and Pr(Y|X) in general, where X and Y represent two events?
(c) From the result obtained in (a), what is the value of Pr(X|X), where X represents an event?
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the perfect university assignment helper for any student who needs help completing their university assignments in a timely and professional manner. Our experienced team of writers is dedicated to providing you with quality content tailored to your individual needs, so you can rest assured that your paper is in good hands. With our easy-to-navigate assignment help website, personalized support available around the clock, and a variety of free delivery options, it's never been easier to get the help you need for your university assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- MKT243: Developing economies suffer from a lack of market dynamism and competitive firm selection: Fundamentals of Marketing Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- UKFB3053: Discuss whether it is rationale for the Royal Commission of Inquiry (“RCI”) to revisiting the allegations on the matter in 2017: Financial Markets & Regulations Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- BU7411: Analyse critically the differences between contemporary international marketing environments, in particular, the importance of cultural differences and consumer behaviour: International marketing Assignment, UOC, Malaysia
- Mr.Shahrul Affendy had been appointed to lead the finance team of Extreme Broadband Corporation: Financial Management Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Explain the differences in how modern and traditional theories of a portfolio management approach the issue of diversification: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- The construction materials would be used in the design of the structure should be selected based on the requirements: Reinforce Concrete Design Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- STIW3054: You are required to develop a small system using MAVEN and Java programming language: Real-time Programming Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- CDCP2101: Happy Market is a sundry shop that sells everyday products to customers. The owner of the shop wants to have a program: C Programming Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- UBML2013: Select any one current news report from Star Online that is relevant to any topic from Topic 5 to Topic 8: Company Law Report, UTAR, Malaysia
- FIT1047: Your name as a MARIE string This is the first task you need to submit It’s just a little warm-up so you can get familiar with strings: Introduction to computer systems, networks Assignment, MUM, Malaysia