HMEF5113: Sav was extracted from an experimental research study which was undertaken to determine the effectiveness: Statistics For Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HMEF5113: Statistics For Educational Research|
The objective of this assignment is to enable you to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas of competency:
- Understand SPSS Statistics data file structure for exploratory data analysis procedures; and
- Prepare the SPSS Statistics data file for descriptive data analysis.
HMEF5113 Dataset for Assignments 1 and 2 JANUARY 2022. sav was extracted from an experimental research study that was undertaken to determine the effectiveness of the teaching of Mathematics among Form 2 students using Learning Sites via the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Students in the experimental group learned via the use of VLE while those in the control group learned under the conventional “chalk and talk” method. The study involved 250 students from two schools in Kuala Lumpur.
Study this dataset carefully and answer the following questions:
- Generate a frequency count and histogram with a normal distribution curve for Pretest mathematics scores (Variable name: Pretest). Describe the frequency count and normal distribution curve.
- Generate a frequency count and bar chart to show the distribution of Family Income classification. Describe the frequency distribution output.
- What is random sampling? Using the HMEF5113 Dataset for Assignments 1 & 2 September 2021.sav, create a random sample comprising 100 cases from the 250 students who participated in this experimental research. Using this random sample of 100 cases, run the frequency procedure to show the distribution by Gender.
- Using the Posttest variable, create an ordinal-type variable with the following categories: (i) 20 marks and below, (ii) 21 to 40 marks, (iii) 41 to 60 marks, (iv) 61 to 80 marks, and (v) 81 marks and above. Show a frequency distribution table of the newly created ordinal-type Posttest category variable. Describe the frequency distribution table.
- Using the Pretest variable of students who participated in the experimental study, compute the following measures of central tendency: (i) Mean, (ii) Median, and (iii) Mode and the measures of a dispersion comprising (i) Range, (ii) Variance, and (iii) Standard deviation. Describe the output for measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion.
- Run a cross-tabulation between the Gender variable and the Posttest Category variable (new variable created under section d. above). Describe the crosstabulation findings.
- Run an exploratory data analysis of the Pretest and Posttest variables. Describe the exploratory data analysis output.
Describe how you would go about addressing missing values in a dataset when respondents failed to fill up their responses.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The objective of this assignment is to enable you to apply practical knowledge and skills in statistical analysis using the SPSS Statistics software. This assignment will provide you with knowledge and skills in statistics, statistical analysis, and interpretation of the research questions and hypotheses you have formulated.
HMEF5113 Dataset for Assignments 1 & 2 September 2021. sav was extracted from an experimental research study that was undertaken to determine the effectiveness of the teaching of mathematics among Form 2 students using Learning Sites via the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Students in the experimental group learned via the use of VLE while those in the control group learned under the conventional “chalk and talk” method. The study involved 250 students from two schools in Kuala Lumpur.
Study the HMEF5113 Dataset for Assignments 1; 2 September 2021.sav carefully, run your analysis using SPSS Statistics, and answer the following questions:
- Use the Posttest and Pretest variables to generate a “Gain Score.” Compute the mean and standard deviation of this newly generated variable by the Experimental and Control Group (Variable name: Method). Describe the mean and standard deviation output.
- Classify the Gain Scores derived from a) above into (i) Low Gain Score and (ii) High Gain Score. “Low Gain Score” is defined as those obtaining gain scores of 10 marks and below while “High Gain Score” refers to those obtaining gain scores of 11 marks and above. Run a frequency count of the Low and High Gain Scores. What conclusions can you make regarding the output based on this classification?
- Using the chi-square statistical test, show the relationship between the two categorical variables i.e. “Method” and “Low and High Gain Scores”. Discuss the chi-square statistical test results.
- Test the normality of the distribution using Posttest as the dependent variable and gender as the independent variable. Make your conclusions based on the output generated.
- Using the Posttest score as the dependent variable and Gender and Family Income as the independent variables, state the relevant research questions and null and alternative hypotheses to test whether significant differences occur among students by Gender and Tuition. State the appropriate statistical tests for each hypothesis.
- Run the appropriate statistical tests to test the hypotheses stated in (e) above. You are to make a decision whether to reject or not to reject the null hypotheses. Explain your conclusions based on the scientific inquiry approach.
- Using the Pearson Product Moment Correlation Coefficient, show the relationship between the Pretest and Posttest variables. Plot a scatter diagram to depict this relationship with a fit line. What conclusions can you make based on the correlation output?
- Run a multiple regression analysis using Posttest as the dependent variable and Pretest, Tuition, and Method as the independent variables. Discuss the regression output.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia assignment help is the topmost company to provide 100% plagiarism-free university assignment help on HMEF5113: Statistics For Educational Research in Malaysia. Our company has hired highly qualified master's degree experts who can prepare any type of assignment answers on statistics assignments in a very short span of time.
Recent Solved Questions
- BTW1042: Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Each group are required to elaborate on how the greening and sustainability of the Malaysian waste sector can be strategically enhanced: Environmental Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- This accessible text provides a lively introduction to the essential skills of creative problem-solving: Creative Problem Solving Case Study, UMS, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: The Movement Control Order implemented in Malaysia has classified businesses into essential services and non-essential services: English for Written Communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MPU3113: Perlembagaan Malaysia mula berkuatkuasa pada tahun 1957 Ia berfungsi sebagai asas bagi semua undang-undang: Hubungan Etink Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- Your tax director has requested that you prepare a proposal to Cik Farra, addressing the following issues: TAXATION Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Make a graph to show the data distribution and Analyse and interpret the data using Mean, median, variance, and standard deviation: Business statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- AAC20303: Pinang Berhad is a company that carries out a diverse range of activities It is proud of its reputation as a ‘caring’ organisation and has adopted various ethical policies toward its employees: Financial Accounting & Reporting Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Recall a challenging episode or problem in their life that can be related to any psychological concepts: Psychology Essay, AUTI, Malaysia
- Discuss the factors that contribute to the escalation of plastic pollution in a Southeast Asian country: Environment and Sustainability Assignment, MUM, Malaysia