HMEF5103: It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school: Qualitative Research Methodology, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology|
It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school systems internationally attract highly capable teachers, hence elevating the prestige of the profession. For teachers to function efficiently in the school system, it is therefore important to understand the challenges they face.
You are required to conduct research on the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
PART 1: Data Collection
In this part of the assignment, you will collect qualitative data by conducting interviews and collecting documents related to the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
A: Conduct Interviews
- Identify and interview three (3) respondents using the topic above as a guide. Each interview should last at least half an hour.
- Audio and/or video record all interviews.
- Transcribe all interviews verbatim, paying heed to pauses, interjections and turn-taking.
1B: Collect Related Documents/Audio-Visual Materials
Read and collect three (3) documents/ audiovisual materials that may provide confirmatory evidence of the information obtained from the interviews, as well as those that will give you an in-depth understanding of the challenges teachers face.
PART 2: Coding and Generating Thematic Framework
In this part of the assignment, you will analyze the qualitative data that you collected in Part 1. Use a two-step procedure to analyze your data.
Step 1: Familiarising yourself with data collected (interview transcripts and audio and/or video recording of the interview, and documents
- You can do so by reading the interview transcripts, listening to the audio and/or watching the video recording of the interviews, and going through the collected documents. This process will enable you to be aware of key issues, ideas, and recurrent themes associated with “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Step 2: Coding and Generating thematic framework
- After the familiarization stage, assign codes or labels to segments of the data which are relevant to the research objective.
- Key issues, ideas or concepts, and themes that emerge after coding are referred to as “emergent themes”. Make a list of the recurrent themes and the subthemes, and how they may be substantiated by the data collected.
Note: This process is similar to a filing system. At this point in time, you may wish to read or collect new documents to support your interview data.
Write a paper discussing issues related to your data collection, data coding and identifying emergent themes. You may adopt the following outline for your paper:
- Purpose of your study
describe how interviewees were selected and why they were chosen
describe interview procedures
describe the choice and the rationale for the selection of the documents
Coding and Generating Emergent Themes
describe how data was coded
describe how themes were derived
list themes derived
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Get Help By ExpertIf you need assistance with your Qualitative Research Methodology then come to malaysiaassignmenthelp.com and our university assignment experts will guide you in writing an excellent one. The homework helper Malaysia we have in our team will guide you in writing an excellent and grade-winning assignment.
Recent Solved Questions
- Perkasa Bhd., a public company listed in the MAIN market of Bursa Malaysia, issued and paid-up capital at the beginning: Financial Accounting and Reporting Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- ACF3600: Audit and climate change Climate affects nearly every aspect of our lives, from our food sources to our transport infrastructure: Auditing and assurance Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- CBCT2203: Hari ini, pembangunan dan kecanggihan Maklumat dan Teknologi (IT) dilihat sebagai fenomena penting yang memberi: Basic Concepts of Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MMP706: You are the project manager for your company’s MCP project. You are collaborating with your project team and business: Project Management Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- Software testing is one of the important and primary parts of software quality assurance Testing a product or application is the main stage: Software Engineering Dissertation, MUM, Malaysia
- Creativity can manifest in many ways in children, depending on their interests and abilities. Some children may have a talent: Cognitive Development Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- Elyna Deschamps has just left herjob as a website designer for a large systems design company and is about to start up her own website design: PROJECT MANAGEMENT Essay, KUL, Malaysia
- What are the visual references that are suitable for portraying the expression of homeless people in Penang: Fine Art Thesis, APU, Malaysia
- In the era of information explosion, knowledge acquisition is no longer limited to inside school or classroom: Human Organs Application Edu Science Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Provide a brief discussion on the importance of the external environment and internal analysis of the organizations: Business Administration Report, UTN, Malaysia