HMEF5103: It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school: Qualitative Research Methodology, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology|
It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school systems internationally attract highly capable teachers, hence elevating the prestige of the profession. For teachers to function efficiently in the school system, it is therefore important to understand the challenges they face.
You are required to conduct research on the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
PART 1: Data Collection
In this part of the assignment, you will collect qualitative data by conducting interviews and collecting documents related to the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
A: Conduct Interviews
- Identify and interview three (3) respondents using the topic above as a guide. Each interview should last at least half an hour.
- Audio and/or video record all interviews.
- Transcribe all interviews verbatim, paying heed to pauses, interjections and turn-taking.
1B: Collect Related Documents/Audio-Visual Materials
Read and collect three (3) documents/ audiovisual materials that may provide confirmatory evidence of the information obtained from the interviews, as well as those that will give you an in-depth understanding of the challenges teachers face.
PART 2: Coding and Generating Thematic Framework
In this part of the assignment, you will analyze the qualitative data that you collected in Part 1. Use a two-step procedure to analyze your data.
Step 1: Familiarising yourself with data collected (interview transcripts and audio and/or video recording of the interview, and documents
- You can do so by reading the interview transcripts, listening to the audio and/or watching the video recording of the interviews, and going through the collected documents. This process will enable you to be aware of key issues, ideas, and recurrent themes associated with “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Step 2: Coding and Generating thematic framework
- After the familiarization stage, assign codes or labels to segments of the data which are relevant to the research objective.
- Key issues, ideas or concepts, and themes that emerge after coding are referred to as “emergent themes”. Make a list of the recurrent themes and the subthemes, and how they may be substantiated by the data collected.
Note: This process is similar to a filing system. At this point in time, you may wish to read or collect new documents to support your interview data.
Write a paper discussing issues related to your data collection, data coding and identifying emergent themes. You may adopt the following outline for your paper:
- Purpose of your study
describe how interviewees were selected and why they were chosen
describe interview procedures
describe the choice and the rationale for the selection of the documents
Coding and Generating Emergent Themes
describe how data was coded
describe how themes were derived
list themes derived
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Get Help By ExpertIf you need assistance with your Qualitative Research Methodology then come to malaysiaassignmenthelp.com and our university assignment experts will guide you in writing an excellent one. The homework helper Malaysia we have in our team will guide you in writing an excellent and grade-winning assignment.
Recent Solved Questions
- This study aims to examine the influential factors regarding green purchase behavior among Selangor millennial’s from the perspectives of attitudes towards the environment, Research Paper, Malaysia
- ou will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools: Business Information Systems Report, MUM, Malaysia
- LAW445: Students’ freedom of expression in social media has somehow been monitored by universities: Malaysian Legal Principles Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- ENT1100: Dropshipping is a fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock: Entertainment Technology Course Work, NYCCT, Malaysia
- M-Storm Electrical Trading started its business on 1 January 2022 The following transactions took place in the first month of its operation: Accounting Homework, UM, Malaysia
- UBAE3023: Can humans discuss their inclinations when they are expected to decide ethically in relation with their duties, roles and goodwill: Business Ethics Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- BWFF3033: As an individual investor in Malaysia, you believe the main index of the Malaysia stock market, FBM KLCI would decline further in the year 2022: Financial Market and Institutions Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Test Case Prioritization Using Swarm Intelligence Algorithm To Improve Fault Coverage And Time For Web Applications: Software Engineering Dissertation, UTM, Malaysia
- As part of Rudiman Secondary school’s online `Safety Day 2022′ celebration, you a Pace officer, have been invited as a guest: Bullying at school Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- Across the street from a sandwich shop and a fried chicken joint, a greenmarket sprouts up every Wednesday in the Mott Haven: Effective English Assignment, UON, Malaysis