Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded: Finite Element Analysis Assignment 2, CU, Malaysia
|University||curtin university (CU)|
|Subject||Finite Element Analysis|
Finite Element Analysis Assignment 2
Describe how the geometry was created. Present the geometry of your part, including dimensions.
Describe how the geometry meshed. You may include figures. The figures should be approximately 8 cm wide. The caption for a figure should be placed below the figure.
BOUNDARY CONDITIONS AND LOADING
Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded.
In this assignment, you will use Ansys Workbench to model a thin rectangular steel plate with a centre hole. Both tension and bending loading conditions will be modelled, as shown in Figure 1.
The length and width of the plate are l and b, respectively, and the diameter of the hole is d. The area of the rectangular plate with a centre hole is the number formed by the first five digits of your student ID in mm2
. For example, if you student ID is 24317985, the area will be 24317
mm2 . The length, l, should be approximately twice the width, b. In addition, the ratio d/b should be between 0.1 and 0.3. You should create your plate as a 2D surface. Zero marks will be awarded to 3D solid models. You may take a reasonable number for thickness.
In addition, you should apply techniques that you have learned in Practical Considerations to simply your models.
For both tension and bending loadings, select a suitable analysis to obtain the stress distribution, which can be represented by a contour plot. In addition, find the maximum stress and location.
For both loading conditions, you will need to perform a convergence test. Finding the stress concentration factor is optional.
For both tension and bending, add geometric features (e.g., auxiliary holes) to reduce stress concentration. Present a comparison between the improved and original designs.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is a renowned university assignment helper service provider in Malaysia. we have plenty of experts who are always ready to provide essay writing services, report writing, coursework writing, dissertation writing, etc at an affordable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- ACC7102E: You are expected to be resourceful, innovative and creative when communicating and presenting your discussion: ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FOR MANAGERS Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- ACC416: Classify the following costs of a franchise pizza chain either prime cost production overhead cost administrative cost: Cost and Management Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BM070: Describe principles, design, methodology, and concepts in formulating research. Interpret business problems into a succinct: Business Research Methods Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Entrepreneurship is the art of creating something new, whether a new business or enterprise: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- A team of five persons is responsible for negotiating the prices of cables that suppliers provide to your company: Thinking Skills Essay, UON, Malaysia
- BBCM4103: Why Conduct a Job Analysis?’You have been asked to speak about this topic to junior staff And Write down the important points: Compensation Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- With the current growing populist rhetoric in Western democracies such as the U.S.A., France, Italy, Germany, the U.K: International Business Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- MPU2313: Entrepreneurship Assignment help – City University
- Even though the Federal Constitution of Malaysia protects against discrimination, it occurs in different forms at the workplace: Law Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- ABPR1103: A psychologist studied the number of hours a worker sleeps at night and the number of errors made in a given task: Statistics for Psychology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia