Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded: Finite Element Analysis Assignment 2, CU, Malaysia
|University||curtin university (CU)|
|Subject||Finite Element Analysis|
Finite Element Analysis Assignment 2
Describe how the geometry was created. Present the geometry of your part, including dimensions.
Describe how the geometry meshed. You may include figures. The figures should be approximately 8 cm wide. The caption for a figure should be placed below the figure.
BOUNDARY CONDITIONS AND LOADING
Describe how the boundary conditions are applied and how the component is loaded.
In this assignment, you will use Ansys Workbench to model a thin rectangular steel plate with a centre hole. Both tension and bending loading conditions will be modelled, as shown in Figure 1.
The length and width of the plate are l and b, respectively, and the diameter of the hole is d. The area of the rectangular plate with a centre hole is the number formed by the first five digits of your student ID in mm2
. For example, if you student ID is 24317985, the area will be 24317
mm2 . The length, l, should be approximately twice the width, b. In addition, the ratio d/b should be between 0.1 and 0.3. You should create your plate as a 2D surface. Zero marks will be awarded to 3D solid models. You may take a reasonable number for thickness.
In addition, you should apply techniques that you have learned in Practical Considerations to simply your models.
For both tension and bending loadings, select a suitable analysis to obtain the stress distribution, which can be represented by a contour plot. In addition, find the maximum stress and location.
For both loading conditions, you will need to perform a convergence test. Finding the stress concentration factor is optional.
For both tension and bending, add geometric features (e.g., auxiliary holes) to reduce stress concentration. Present a comparison between the improved and original designs.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is a renowned university assignment helper service provider in Malaysia. we have plenty of experts who are always ready to provide essay writing services, report writing, coursework writing, dissertation writing, etc at an affordable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- MPU3343: Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological theory introduces five main constructs that influence child development: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- CT087-3-3: Real-time developers have to balance 3 constraints in the quest for timely RT execution, efficiency, predictability: RTS Realtime Systems Assignment AUTI, Malaysia
- HOSP2330: You are planning to open the Bubble Tea kiosk in your area Your study should be covered in beverage control: Food and Beverage Control Report, DC, Malaysia
- Danial Has been working in Kota Bharu for 5 years and has purchased a house there: COMMERCIAL LAW Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Based on the article given titled “Analysis of Iphone’s Marketing Strategy”, you are to evaluate/ analyze/ discuss: Global Marketing Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- You have been employed by an Information Technology (IT) industry as an IT Officer who is to set up a simple LAN in a department: Computer Systems and Networking Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- Introduce an online hospital information system to discuss the role of the hospital online information system for more efficient and effective communication: MBA in Healthcare Management, Essay, APU, Malaysia
- ACC116: Rising Fast Sdn Bhd manufactures a complete line of fiberglass attaché cases and suitcases: Introduction To Cost Accounting Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- Morgan Stark is a child prodigy just like his father Tony Stark when he was young. At five years old, she self-taught herself: Programming Fundamental Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- BEN5013: Social entrepreneurship is the process of recognizing and resourcefully pursuing opportunities to create: Business Plan Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia