BBAA2013 Identify the resident status of Je Soo for the relevant years of assessment: Taxation 1 Assignment, CU, Malaysia
|University||City University Malaysia (CUM)|
|Subject||Taxation 1 Assignment|
Explain the tax system in Malaysia and resident status. (C1, PLO1).
1. You are a Tax Advisor at Adam & Co. You have been tasked with giving tax advice to one of your foreign clients regarding the individual’s residence status under Section 7(1) of the Income Tax Act of 1967. Je Soo, a Korean fashion stylist, arrived in Malaysia on on 1st September 2015. On 1st October 2015, she began working for Black Rose Boutique Sdn Bhd in Kuala Lumpur. Her periods of stay in Malaysia were as follows:
i. Identify the resident status of Je Soo for the relevant years of assessment.
(Support your answer with reasons)
ii. Je Soo is still unsure whether she is eligible for temporary absence. Advise her on the circumstances that allowed for a temporary absence under provision of Income Tax Act 1967.
iii. Since Je Soo is unfamiliar with the Malaysian individual taxable to determine residence status, she requires your assistance in determining when she can apply for “linked by” or “linked to” in order to be eligible for resident status.
iv. If Je Soo is unable to obtain resident status, please advise on the implications for her taxation treatments of the following:
[Charge scope; Income tax rate; Individual tax relief; Employment income
derived from Malaysia; and Rebate for chargeable income].
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysian students at City University Malaysia (CU), when it comes to your Taxation 1 Assignment and identifying the resident status of Je Soo for the relevant years of assessment, we've got your back. Our services encompass online assignment help and expert Research Paper Help. Our team of professionals is ready to guide you through your coursework. Don't let academic challenges hinder your success; invest in your academic journey today by reaching out to our experienced experts.
Recent Solved Questions
- MBA3305:Challenges of Implementing Internet of Things (IoT) in Malaysian Private Healthcare Industry, Case Study of AK Hospital: Business Research Methods Research Paper, MUST, Malaysia
- Formal and informal communication are rather distinct types of modern workplace communication: Business Communication Essay, UiTM, Malaysia
- PGBM146: This business report based is based on a case study on Tesla The content of the report will demonstrate learning undertaken: Value Creation in Organizations Managing Operations and Marketing Case Study, UOS, Malaysia
- CSP650 HAILHUB is an innovative student e-hailing service catering specifically to the transportation needs of students: FINAL YEAR PROJECT Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Let X be an exponential random variable, Show that for a > 0 and b > 0: Statistics Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- MAA3013: J.D.Orbit opened a cell phone accessory manufacturing plant, named Orbit Corporation (Orbit) in 1997: Accounting Information System Assignment, USIM, Malaysia
- Huraikan isu-isu dalam pendidikan dan tunjukkan jurang literatur yang dikemukakan: Research Methods in Education Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- The stock market is one of the popular places in Malaysia where retail investors come to make investments: Bachelor of Accounting & Finance Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- USPP3014: F. H. Bradley philosophizes that metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe upon instinct: Metaphysics Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia
- TCP3151: Java’s main function invokes the first and second native methods and displays the ‘content of the sorted array: Integrative Programming and Technologies Assignment, MMU, Malaysia