Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Learning outcome: Analyze current economic news using one or more of the
macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course
Research the data published by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, and do the followings:
Topic on GDP
a) Table Quarterly Gross Domestic Product [GDP](Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
b) Table Quarterly Real Gross Domestic Product [GDPC1] (Chained year 2012, Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
c) The following graph shows the Quarterly Real GDP for the period of Q1Y2019 – Q1Y2022. Comment on this graph. You may refer to data in part b.
d) Read the following news.
Based on the news, what was the GDP growth rate in the second quarter of year 2022 in U.S? Identify THREE reasons for this change.
Topic on Unemployment
a) Table annual Unemployment Rate [UNRATE] (seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Plot the annual unemployment rate graph from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Briefly analyze the trend of overall unemployment rate during these years.
c) Table annual labor force participation rate men (LNS11300001) in U.S for Years 2015 (Jan)-2021. Cite your source below your table.
d) Read the following report. Based on the report, what was the amount of discouraged labor in Aug 2022? Identify ONE industry that has gained in employment.
Topic on Price level and Inflation
a) Table annual Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items in U.S. City Average [CPIAUCSL] (Index 1982-1984=100, seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) – 2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Use the data from part a, table annual inflation rate from Years 2015 (Jan) -2019. You are required to show how the annual inflation rates are obtained.
c) The following graph shows the monthly inflation rate in the United States from January 2020 to June 2022. Briefly analyze the overall general price level.
d) Read the following news.
Identify the main TWO reasons that contribute to the high inflation in U.S.
“For workers, the numbers meant another hit to the wallet …”. Explain briefly how would this affect the fixed income workers?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- In any industry, few organizations may face communication as a barrier to moving further, and also it can be difficult: Methodology Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- LAW034: Delima is a single mother who supports her three children and is a sick mother. She is uneducated but nevertheless managed: Introduction to Legal Theories Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Introduction of KPJ Healthcare Berhad including its vision and mission statements, objectives: Strategic Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- There is an urgency for us to implement energy saving in buildings because of the high energy consumption and CO2 emission: Wind Engineering Thesis, UTM, Malaysia
- Discuss the mechanism of the skeletal and muscular systems as well as elaborate on the importance: Anatomy & Physiology Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
- HBEC2203: According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, there are eight indicators that show: Early Childhood Education Curriculum Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- DNCH4223 Student are given topics for assignments in which the topics are covered within the scope of the course: gerontology nursing Research Paper, MU, Malaysia
- By the beginning of 2019, the novel Corona Virus known as COVID-19 began to emerge and spread at a rapid pace around: Strategic Business Project Thesis, UWS, Malaysia
- ACC7102E: You are expected to be resourceful, innovative and creative when communicating and presenting your discussion: ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE FOR MANAGERS Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- The company that would become BP was founded in 1909 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company shortly after Englishman William: Strategic Operation Management Case Study, ASB, Malaysia