Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Learning outcome: Analyze current economic news using one or more of the
macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course
Research the data published by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, and do the followings:
Topic on GDP
a) Table Quarterly Gross Domestic Product [GDP](Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
b) Table Quarterly Real Gross Domestic Product [GDPC1] (Chained year 2012, Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
c) The following graph shows the Quarterly Real GDP for the period of Q1Y2019 – Q1Y2022. Comment on this graph. You may refer to data in part b.
d) Read the following news.
Based on the news, what was the GDP growth rate in the second quarter of year 2022 in U.S? Identify THREE reasons for this change.
Topic on Unemployment
a) Table annual Unemployment Rate [UNRATE] (seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Plot the annual unemployment rate graph from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Briefly analyze the trend of overall unemployment rate during these years.
c) Table annual labor force participation rate men (LNS11300001) in U.S for Years 2015 (Jan)-2021. Cite your source below your table.
d) Read the following report. Based on the report, what was the amount of discouraged labor in Aug 2022? Identify ONE industry that has gained in employment.
Topic on Price level and Inflation
a) Table annual Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items in U.S. City Average [CPIAUCSL] (Index 1982-1984=100, seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) – 2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Use the data from part a, table annual inflation rate from Years 2015 (Jan) -2019. You are required to show how the annual inflation rates are obtained.
c) The following graph shows the monthly inflation rate in the United States from January 2020 to June 2022. Briefly analyze the overall general price level.
d) Read the following news.
Identify the main TWO reasons that contribute to the high inflation in U.S.
“For workers, the numbers meant another hit to the wallet …”. Explain briefly how would this affect the fixed income workers?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- ACW1020: Top Glove Corporation Berhad (TGCB) is a leading rubber glove manufacturer: Accounting in Business Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- What are the key problems in maintaining a competitive advantage in embryonic and growing industry environments: Strategic management Course Work, AUTI, Malaysia
- Globally the number of people living in extreme poverty declined from 36 percent in 1990 to 10 percent in 2015: Economics Report, UON, Malaysia
- On 2.2.2021, Sahid entered into a hire purchase agreement with Kejora Finance Bhd for the hire purchase of a new Proton Perdana Motor car: COMMERCIAL LAW Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- PSY1044: Explain the physical, cognitive, and socioemotional changes that occur throughout childhood: Lifespan Development Report, SU, Malaysia
- M Hidayah is a sole trader who maintains his non-current assets at cost On ‘ Rajni December 20X1: Accounting and Finance Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- The National Physical Plan 3 or Rancangan Fizikal Negara-3 has identified six urban conurbations in Malaysia. Construction Economics Report, HWU, Malaysia
- LAW445: Students’ freedom of expression in social media has somehow been monitored by universities: Malaysian Legal Principles Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- The main theme of the image is voicing a social concern The issue being highlighted by the artist is how people have misunderstood: ANALYSIS Essay, SU, Malaysia
- MGT212: Summary of the business and current environment e.g., with or without data analysis: Business Analytics Assignment, UOM, Malaysia