Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham (UON)|
Learning outcome: Analyze current economic news using one or more of the
macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course
Research the data published by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, and do the followings:
Topic on GDP
a) Table Quarterly Gross Domestic Product [GDP](Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
b) Table Quarterly Real Gross Domestic Product [GDPC1] (Chained year 2012, Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from Q1Y2018-Q1Y2022. Cite your source below your table.
c) The following graph shows the Quarterly Real GDP for the period of Q1Y2019 – Q1Y2022. Comment on this graph. You may refer to data in part b.
d) Read the following news.
Based on the news, what was the GDP growth rate in the second quarter of year 2022 in U.S? Identify THREE reasons for this change.
Topic on Unemployment
a) Table annual Unemployment Rate [UNRATE] (seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Plot the annual unemployment rate graph from Years 2015 (Jan) -2021. Briefly analyze the trend of overall unemployment rate during these years.
c) Table annual labor force participation rate men (LNS11300001) in U.S for Years 2015 (Jan)-2021. Cite your source below your table.
d) Read the following report. Based on the report, what was the amount of discouraged labor in Aug 2022? Identify ONE industry that has gained in employment.
Topic on Price level and Inflation
a) Table annual Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items in U.S. City Average [CPIAUCSL] (Index 1982-1984=100, seasonally adjusted), from Years 2015 (Jan) – 2021. Cite your source below your table.
b) Use the data from part a, table annual inflation rate from Years 2015 (Jan) -2019. You are required to show how the annual inflation rates are obtained.
c) The following graph shows the monthly inflation rate in the United States from January 2020 to June 2022. Briefly analyze the overall general price level.
d) Read the following news.
Identify the main TWO reasons that contribute to the high inflation in U.S.
“For workers, the numbers meant another hit to the wallet …”. Explain briefly how would this affect the fixed income workers?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Patient 67 years old man who had a total right knee replacement at the hospital: Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Classify firms according to the 4 different roles they might play leader, challenger, follower, and niche: Marketing Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- ITS63504: You are recently hired by Hilti and are appointed as an International IT Consultant cum UI-UX Designer at Hilti Corporation: Human Computer Interaction Assignment, Malaysia
- SPE351: Students need to identify one sport matching schedule and briefly explain the match schedule used in that sport: Competitive sport : theory and practice Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- PFS 2143: Discuss from the journal and you can add other discussions from other sources to support your issues: Corporate Finance Assignment, UNISEL, Malaysia
- C19BU: Discuss how you would address any lack of alignment or a mismatch between Blue Sky’s historic activities and its new low-cost or economic strategy: Strategic Management Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- pipe branch system that is used to deliver water. The cross-sectional areas for pipes A and B are 0.00785 m2 and 0.00283 m2 respectively: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Discuss and elaborate on the collection of indirect taxes and how the above objectives are being administered: CUSTOMS MANAGEMENT AND CHALLENGES Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Students are required to use their own company as an example to set up corporate entrepreneurship (CE): Managing Information Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- CDCT2203: This assignment aims to evaluate the learner’s knowledge by discussing the impact of ICT on the public and assessing: Information Technology and Environment Assignment, OUM, Malaysia