A spring that obeys Hook’s law has a spring constant k. Show that the energy stored E stored in the spring when: Ethics and Sustainable Behavior in Society Assignment, MU, Malaysia
|University||Mulungushi University (MU)|
|Subject||Ethics and Sustainable Behavior in Society|
(a) A spring that obeys Hook’s law has a spring constant k. Show that the energy stored E stored in the spring when it has been extended elastically by an amount x is given by
(b) A light spring of an unextended length of 14.2 cm is suspended vertically from a fixed point as illustrated below. A mass of weight 3.8 N is hung from the spring as shown above. The
length of the spring is now 16.3 cm.
An additional force F then extends the spring so that its length becomes 17.8cm
- Show that the spring constant of the spring is 1.8 Nm−1
- For the extension of the spring from a length of 16.3cm to a length of 17.8 cm,
* Calculate the change in the gravitation Potential energy of the mass on the spring.
* Show that the change in elastic Potential Energy of the spring is 0.077 J.
* Determine the work done by force F.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
(a) The variation with extension x of the force F for a spring A is shown in fig 9.10. Point L on the graph is the elastic limit of the spring.
iii. Describe the meaning of elastic limit
iv. Calculate the spring constant kA for spring A.
v. Calculate the work done in extending the spring with a force of 6.4 N
(b) A second spring B of spring constant 2kA is now joined to spring A as shown on fig 9.11. A force
of 6.4 N extends the combination of the springs for the combination of the springs, calculate,
i. the total extension
ii. the spring constant
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for final year project help in Malaysia, look no further than Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com! It is a leading one-stop educational resource provider in the country and offers professionally written final-year projects that make an impact on your academic results. With a team of expert assignment writers, the company specializes in helping students present their best work according to their field of study. So get started today and let their experts guide you closer to achieving your final year project goals!
Recent Solved Questions
- MPU3123: The government of Islam during the Abbasid era brought great changes in various aspects. These aspects include medicine: Islamic Civilization and Asian Civilization Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- BLO3405: Adrian is a chef from New Zealand and has recently moved to Melbourne He is keen to open up a Café in St Kilda: Law Of Financial Institutions Assignment, VU, Malaysia
- You have been assigned to conduct an evaluation of the bioenergy opportunity by selecting ONE source of biomass/bioenergy resources: Renewable Energy Systems Engineering Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- As the medical community rushes to find a cure, or at least a containment, for the spreading coronavirus, financial markets: Investment Planning Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- OMGT1062: What types of transportation and supply chain software does myIoT need to support its business growth: Transportation and Freight Logistics Report, RMIT, Malaysia
- How can quantitative research methods be used to evaluate the effectiveness of teacher training programs: Researcher Competence Report, UMS, Malaysia
- Calculate the volumes of cut and fill contained between consecutive cross-sections from CS10 and CS15: Diploma in Land Survey Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- CHE5884: Calculate the hourly feed rate of the feedstock for the plant to produce the product assigned to your group: Process modelling and optimisation Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- FAR570 The carrying amount of a machine as of 1 January 2022 was RM1,280,000. The machine was purchased: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- A firm’s short-run total cost function is 𝑇𝐶 = 𝑞 2 − 3𝑞 + 500 The firm is a monopolist and the inverse demand function for its product is 𝑝 = −𝑞 + 105: Introduction to Mathematical Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia