PGBM156: Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles that support organizational values and impact organizational direction: Strategic Management in an International Context Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
|University||University of Sunderland (UOS)|
|Subject||PGBM156: Strategic Management in an International Context|
This individual assignment will be assessed using a 2,000 maximum word report. The assignment has been designed to allow you to develop and use your knowledge and skills in understanding key strategic issues relating to any Global Industry you are familiar with. You will be required to apply the strategic concepts and analytical techniques studied in this module. All the learning outcomes below will be assessed:
- Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles that support organizational values and impact organizational direction.
- Understand the holistic nature of strategy and the relationship between strategic management and leadership and apply analytical techniques to solve complex problems in real-life organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the strategic decision-making process through critical analysis of how strategic decision-making enables an organization to relate to changes in its international business environment.
- Critically evaluate and monitor the business mission, vision, objectives, and policies of international organizations.
- Use critical reflective skills to reflect on the impact of their understanding of the strategic problem-solving process.
Your task is to carry out a critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) operating in an industry and country of your choice, using the information available to the public, e.g., company annual reports in pdf and other materials researched. You will be expected to select and apply appropriate theories, techniques and models studied during the module while having regard to the practical aspects of strategy development.
In the event of failing this individual assignment, normal referral/deferral procedures will apply. This assignment carries a weighting of 100%. The assessment will focus on the level of ANALYSIS carried out. That is the application of THEORETICAL CONCEPTS studied in the module to the ‘practical’ case study presented. In other words, you should proceed beyond a DESCRIPTION of the company and its actions. You should be analyzing ‘why’ rather than describing ‘what’. The assignment will be assessed and moderated by two members of staff by the marks allocated to each of the questions detailed below.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- your ability to isolate the key strategic issues
- the coherence and depth of the analysis of those issues
- the ability to analyze the strategic context within which companies operate
- the ability to critically review and evaluate strategic decisions made by companies
- the use of relevant evidence, from material provided and personal research to support any statements made
- the appropriateness of the methods used, and theoretical models and frameworks applied
- the breadth and depth of research undertaken
Evaluation of data
- the ability to make sound recommendations or conclusions arising from the analysis
- the soundness of arguments put forward
- the summary of arguments
- report layout and format
- use of illustrative material and evidence to support arguments
- the appropriateness of length
- the quantity and accuracy of referencing
Question One: Managing Complexity in the Covid-19 Environment
Briefly distinguish between ‘a simple business problem’ and ‘a complex business problem’ in the context of the global coronavirus outbreak. Using information from the most recent Annual Report of the MNC of your choice, critically evaluate the potential impact of Covid-19 on the MNC’s approach to sustaining competitive advantage in both domestic and international markets
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Question Two: Management Control versus Organisational Chaos
What is ‘organizational context’ in terms of ‘organizational development? Critically assess the merits and demerits of the ‘organizational leadership perspective’ and the ‘organizational dynamics perspective’, using appropriate examples from your chosen MNC. Discuss how the MNC can explore and exploit the demand for top management control and the demand for organizational chaos to maximize its corporate profitability through low-cost leadership and/or product differentiation.
Question Three: Managing the Paradox of Profitability and Social Responsibility
Using your understanding of the paradox of ‘corporate profitability’ and ‘corporate social responsibility, critically evaluate the ability of the CEO and Senior management team in your chosen MNCs to simultaneously achieve corporate profitability and corporate social responsibility objectives crucial for the MNC’s survival and growth in domestic and international markets.
You are expected to demonstrate a critical understanding of the challenges of reconciling the conflicting demands for profitability and social responsibility simultaneously in an international context.
Question Four: Personal reflections and reflections on learning
In 150-200 words reflect on the impact of this assessment on your understanding of the Multinational corporations (MNCs) operating in the industry and country of your choice, highlighting the MNC’s approaches to ‘managing complexity, managing the ‘paradox of control and chaos’, and the paradox of ‘corporate profitability and social responsibility, to sustain its long-term competitiveness in domestic and international markets.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
If you need help with assignments online on PGBM156: Strategic Management in an International Context then you can pay for management assignments and get assistance which is available 24/7. our experts provide essay writing, dissertation writing, thesis writing, research paper, etc more service to university students.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBEK1103: Principles Of Microeconomics | OUM Assignment Help
- MGT 269: Students need to write an analytical report It is one of the methods to evaluate students understanding of real-world: Business Communication Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- What is cash budgeting and why it is important to a business or What kind of cash budgeting strategies may be adopted in a business: Cash Budgeting Strategies Impact on a Business Thesis Malaysia
- Challenges For The Tourism Businesses During The Pandemic In Tioman Island Malaysia: Business and Management Dissertation Proposal, UTAR, Malaysia
- BPA11403: Analysis of the financial statements by assessing the liquidity, profitability, efficiency, and solvency of the business using ratio analysis: Principle of Accountingt Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- FINA1035: Footnotes should only be used to reference material or to tell the reader where to find the related information: Strategic Financial Management Case Study, UOG, Malaysia
- Discuss how can collaboration shape the country’s security dynamics during this pandemic: International Community Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- MPU3412: Writing a Reflective Journal about the Community Work: Community Service Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- HFT20303: How much money must be put into a bank account yielding 5% annually in order to have RM250 at the end of five years: Financial Management Assignment, UMK, Malaysia
- you need to draw on leadership and management theories to demonstrate understanding and application of the module content of “Management, Leadership, Vision/Mission/Strategy: Professional Management and Leadership Assignment, OUM, Malaysia