MBOC 7013: You are the Chief Investment Officer of an International Investment Firm: Financial Management Assignment, IMUW, Malaysia
|University||International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)|
|Subject||MBOC 7013: Financial Management|
Case Study: Initial Public Offering of Ordinary Shares of Mr. DIY Bhd
This is a case study on a company [Mr. DIY Group (M) Bhd] principally engaged in low-cost retailing for Home Improvement (Hardware, Household, Electrical, Furnishing, Car Accessories, Stationery & Sports, Toys, Gifts, Computer & Mobile Accessories, and Jewellery & Cosmetics). The company is in the process of raising funds from the capital market through the issuance of new shares and offers for the sale of existing shares. The prospectus was issued on 6th October 2020. To ensure the success of the subscription of the shares, the owners and management intend to conduct a roadshow for all categories of investors as well as analysts.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
You are the Chief Investment Officer of an International Investment Firm. You are required to analyze the largest IPO on Bursa for the last 3 years and prepare a recommendation to your management/board to accept or reject the investment for the said IPO. You need to review the prospectus (a summary of the prospectus is attached and please read the full prospectus from Bursa Malaysia or the company’s website) as well as all other available information. Useful information especially from class lectures; news reports, selected reading materials as well as each group member’s diversified experience and academic background will definitely help the students to make an informed decision on the investment choices available. The company will be listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia very soon and all information regarding the prospect and performance of the company is available on Bursa’s website, the business section of major newspapers, and the company’s website.
The purpose of the study is to improve the understanding of students especially on Equity Analysis (stock valuation) and portfolio management as well as the application of finance theories to the fundraising exercise. The case study will be in a form of an individual project to ensure that the exercise achieves its intended objective, compulsory participation is required from all the students.
The assignment requires the students to perform the following:
i. Understand the business operation, climate, and economic environment and compare with the competitors;
ii. Understand the purpose of fund-raising (i.e. IPO);
iii. Understand the company’s financial position and do a simple financial analysis and comparative evaluation;
iv. Understand the purpose of making your investment and what is your strategies;
v. The return and risk and benchmark against other indicators;
vi. Indicative valuation of fair value; and
vii. Broad understanding of the financial markets
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for a reliable MBOC7013 provider in Malaysia? Look no further than Malaysia Assignment Help. We are a leading provider of finance assignment writing services in Malaysia, with a team of experienced and qualified writers. We offer a full range of academic services, including essay writing help, dissertation writing help, and term paper writing services. We are committed to providing high-quality assignment writing services in Malaysia at an affordable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- As Head of Compliance at FirmCorp Sdn Bhd, an organisation regulated in Malaysia: Top 5 Compliance Issues in the Organisation Assignment, Malaysia
- DMT5023: Develop an SPSS data set based on Table 1 with a minimum of 100 responses: Statistical Analysis Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- BPA11403: Analysis of the financial statements by assessing the liquidity, profitability, efficiency, and solvency of the business using ratio analysis: Principle of Accountingt Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- Octra Solutions is a privately owned, well-known software company located in Southern Malaysia: Information Technology Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- MPU3122:Tugasan ini adalah untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar membincangkan tentang Isu Semasa dan Masa Hadapan Berkaitan dengan Tamadun: TAMADUN ISLAM DAN TAMADUN ASIA Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- DQS351: Measurement of Groundworks and Concrete Works in Superstructure and Describe the uses of measurement in the local and international construction industries: Measurement of Construction Works Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- For counselors to be effective, their practice should be based on sound research Many counselors choose to evaluate: Counselling Psychology Dissertation, TU, Malaysia
- SC025: Construct a program that performs one-dimensional array operations for problems involving linear search: Computer Science Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- WUC107/03: You are a Malaysian trainer who is a highly sought-out expert in the area of cross-cultural negotiations The Communications Director of a large company has asked you to write an article on ‘Guidelines for cross-cultural negotiations in China’ for their business magazine: Workplace Communication Skills Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- BBPW3203- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT II- OUM