MBOC 7013: You are the Chief Investment Officer of an International Investment Firm: Financial Management Assignment, IMUW, Malaysia
|University||International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)|
|Subject||MBOC 7013: Financial Management|
Case Study: Initial Public Offering of Ordinary Shares of Mr. DIY Bhd
This is a case study on a company [Mr. DIY Group (M) Bhd] principally engaged in low-cost retailing for Home Improvement (Hardware, Household, Electrical, Furnishing, Car Accessories, Stationery & Sports, Toys, Gifts, Computer & Mobile Accessories, and Jewellery & Cosmetics). The company is in the process of raising funds from the capital market through the issuance of new shares and offers for the sale of existing shares. The prospectus was issued on 6th October 2020. To ensure the success of the subscription of the shares, the owners and management intend to conduct a roadshow for all categories of investors as well as analysts.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
You are the Chief Investment Officer of an International Investment Firm. You are required to analyze the largest IPO on Bursa for the last 3 years and prepare a recommendation to your management/board to accept or reject the investment for the said IPO. You need to review the prospectus (a summary of the prospectus is attached and please read the full prospectus from Bursa Malaysia or the company’s website) as well as all other available information. Useful information especially from class lectures; news reports, selected reading materials as well as each group member’s diversified experience and academic background will definitely help the students to make an informed decision on the investment choices available. The company will be listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia very soon and all information regarding the prospect and performance of the company is available on Bursa’s website, the business section of major newspapers, and the company’s website.
The purpose of the study is to improve the understanding of students especially on Equity Analysis (stock valuation) and portfolio management as well as the application of finance theories to the fundraising exercise. The case study will be in a form of an individual project to ensure that the exercise achieves its intended objective, compulsory participation is required from all the students.
The assignment requires the students to perform the following:
i. Understand the business operation, climate, and economic environment and compare with the competitors;
ii. Understand the purpose of fund-raising (i.e. IPO);
iii. Understand the company’s financial position and do a simple financial analysis and comparative evaluation;
iv. Understand the purpose of making your investment and what is your strategies;
v. The return and risk and benchmark against other indicators;
vi. Indicative valuation of fair value; and
vii. Broad understanding of the financial markets
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for a reliable MBOC7013 provider in Malaysia? Look no further than Malaysia Assignment Help. We are a leading provider of finance assignment writing services in Malaysia, with a team of experienced and qualified writers. We offer a full range of academic services, including essay writing help, dissertation writing help, and term paper writing services. We are committed to providing high-quality assignment writing services in Malaysia at an affordable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- FIT9132: TASK 1: Relational Database Queries – Relational Algebra: Introduction to Databases Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Supply Chain Operational Performance can be defined as activities and processes involving transforming raw materials: Analysis of Agile Organization Course Work, UMP, Malaysia
- ECO7101E: Discuss the macroeconomic statistics of the country. In your opinion, how did the pandemic of COVID-19: Business Economics Assignment, UOP, Malaysia
- TSI2241: Compare and contrast between horizontal and vertical integration. The report should contain: System Integration and Architecture Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- MBM3783: A local woman claims to have been cheated of over RM1.4 mil after meeting someone online who claimed to be a South African engineer: Social Marketing Case Study, UoTS, Malaysia
- PRG2203: You are required to create a C++ program for the system that you have analyzed and designed: Programming Techniques Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Explain the differences in how modern and traditional theories of a portfolio management approach the issue of diversification: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Write a Critical Response Reviewing the Research Discussed in the Article and Relate it’s Implications to the Early Literacy in Children: English Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- PRJ3154: Explain the role of applied/model/general theory in research and its contributions to the growth of business organizations: Final Year Project 2 Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Identify an issue at your company that needs to be solved. The issue can revolve around: Business English Report, UBir, Malaysia