HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology- OUM
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology|
It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement (OECD, 2016). Many high-performing school systems internationally attract highly capable teachers, hence elevating the prestige of the profession (Barber & Mourshed, 2010; Sahlberg, 2010). For teachers to function efficiently in the school system, it is therefore important to understand the challenges they face.
You are required to conduct research on the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
PART 1: Data Collection
In this part of the assignment, you will collect qualitative data by conducting interviews and collecting documents related to the topic “Challenges of being a teacher.”
1A: Conduct Interviews
- Identify and interview three (3) respondents using the topic above as a guide. Each interview should last at least half an hour.
- Audio and/or video record all interviews.
- Transcribe all interviews verbatim, paying heed to pauses, interjections and turn-taking.
1B: Collect Related Documents/Audio-Visual Materials
Read and collect three (3) documents/ audiovisual materials that may provide confirmatory evidence of the information obtained from the interviews, as well as those that will give you an in-depth understanding of the challenges teachers face.
PART 2: Coding and Generating Thematic Framework
In this part of the assignment, you will analyze the qualitative data that you collected in Part 1. Use a two-step procedure to analyze your data.
Step 1: Familiarising yourself with data collected (interview transcripts and audio and/or video recording of the interview, and documents)
- You can do so by reading the interview transcripts, listening to the audio and/or watching the video recording of the interviews and going through the collected documents. This process will enable you to be aware of key issues, ideas and recurrent themes associated with “Challenges of being a teacher.”
Step 2: Coding and Generating thematic framework
- After the familiarization stage, assign codes or labels to segments of the data which are relevant to the research objective.
- Key issues, ideas or concepts, and themes that emerge after coding are referred to as “emergent themes”. Make a list of the recurrent themes and the subthemes, and how they may be substantiated by the data collected.
Note: This process is similar to a filing system. At this point in time, you may wish to read or collect new documents to support your interview data.
Write a paper discussing issues related to your data collection, data coding and identifying emergent themes. You may adopt the following outline for your paper:
- Purpose of your study
- Data collection:
- describe how interviewees were selected and why they were chosen
- describe interview procedures
- describe the choice and the rationale for the selection of the documents
- Coding and Generating Emergent Themes
- describe how data was coded
- describe how themes were derived
- list themes derived
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Get Help By Expert If you need assistance with your HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology then come to malaysiaassignmenthelp.com and our university assignment experts will guide you in writing an excellent one. The homework helper Malaysia we have in our team will guide you in writing an excellent and grade-winning assignment.
Recent Solved Questions
- UBTE2013: The Students are Required to Choose one Successful BUMIPUTERA Entrepreneur in Malaysia: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- MPU3313: evaluate learners’ analytical and reflective skills in addressing issues related to health and wellness promotion for individuals, families, and communities: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBUI3103 EMPLOYMENT AND INDUSTRIAL LAW – University of Malaysia
- BUSN6120: Given a linear demand function of the form qxd = 500 – 2px – 3py + 0.01m, find the inverse linear demand function assuming m = 20,000 and py = 10: Managerial Economics Assignment
- SBFS1103: Your Father-in-law has Just Passed Away and Your Spouse wants his/her Mother: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Essay, OUM
- You are Working as a Counselor at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur In the Recent Management Meeting: English for occupational purpose Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- MLL207e: Huraikan secara kritis sejarah perkembangan Bahasa Indonesia dan Bahasa Melayu dalam kurun ke-20: Comparative Study of Bahasa Melayu and Bahasa Indonesia Assignment, SUSS, Malaysia
- EMCA5103: The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with the practical skills and theoretical for a risk management plan: Project Cost Analysis And Appraisal Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- XBOH2103: Occupational Safety And Health Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Thinking skills and problem solving – University Of Malaysia- You are a single parent with three young children. Your spouse has just passed away recently due to a motor-road accident